Remote Desktop Connection

I have a hosted server that I need to connect to.
I have done this many times over past few months to upgrade databases and
websites etc.
All of a sudden when I try to connect via RDC I get a message "The Remote
Computer Has ended the connection".
The hosting company cannot fix the problem and are saying windows 2003 needs
to be re-installed, which I dont want as I the time taken to back everything
up, re-install and configure.
Any ideas???
Thanks

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Steve Flitcroft" <asyahubby@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I have a hosted server that I need to connect to.
> I have done this many times over past few months to upgrade databases
> and websites etc.
> All of a sudden when I try to connect via RDC I get a message "The
> Remote Computer Has ended the connection".

If you notice my post from Tuesday, I get that error only after installing
XP SP2 on two of my systems (another SP2 install I did *immediately* after
installing XPsp1 doesn't have the problem) and reverting back to SP1
(magically?) solves the problem.

Have you installed anything, patches, apps, or changed any settings,
on your 2003 server, since the last time you successfully used Remote
Desktop to connect to your server? There might be something you, someone
who posted back in early July reporting the same issue, and I have done in
common to our XP systems and your 2003 server.

Thanks,
Tom