Remote Desktop logon error

I'm trying to set up my office computer so that it can be
accessed remotely from outside of the office. It is
running XP Pro and Remote Desktop is allowed. However,
when I try to use Remote Desktop to get into the computer
using the correct username and password, it shows the
logon screen, but then shows a message that says "The
local policy of this system does not permit you to logon
interactively." Anyone know what could be wrong?
3 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop logon error

    Have you entered into the "Remote Desktop Users" section
    of the Local Users group? This must be done unless your
    logon account has administrator access.

    I hope this helps.

    Grant.

    Yes, The accounts all have admin access and all are also
    in the Remote Desktop Group as well. Rather bizarre
    problem that I have not seen in the past.

    Thanks for the post.

    Here is the KB article that covers this...

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289289

    Otherwise look at this old reply to a similar problem...

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=8c9c4f6a5fdeb1a5&seekm=021101c34b10%2433e40f90%24a601280a%40phx.gbl#link4

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Grant" <Grant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have you entered into the "Remote Desktop Users" section
    > of the Local Users group? This must be done unless your
    > logon account has administrator access.
    >
    > I hope this helps.
    >
    > Grant.

Remote Desktop Computers Office Windows XP