Public Beta V 1.C Nov 13, 2005

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
This version fixes the following:

-A font problem identified here.

-Descriptive text if search words are smaller than 4 (you get a note about that if no search results appear). We will be working on indexing of 3-letter words later.

-Topic status (orange/white) has been modified, so that if you go from one computer to another, the read status will be maintained.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
I cannot replicate that. If I post a message, and then I click elsewhere, then come back to it, it is already white. Can you tell me the sequence you follow.

Regarding search:

A few of things I've noticed:

In the error message you sill have 'the no topics met...' which is irrelevant as it never bothered to search. Also you spelt length as 'lenght' :p

"Note: Minimum keyword lenght that can be searched is 4 characters" should only be displayed if the input is below the 5 char min imo

Can you make it so that if you change forum category your search criteria is kept in the text box? Annoying as hell atm as it goes as the page is updated.

It's not the length of the entire search which needs to be above 4 chars, it is every word (as you know) - AMD, CPU, SKT, 939, 754, DDR, FAN, VIA, etc can't be used

:? :? :?

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Steve ... I'm at a remote PC at the college ... I cleared all red status indicators/red lights ... made some notes as to last poster (for benchmarks) ... and everything looks good now. Only posts made after I marked all read were lit back up. My test: Success :D :D :D

(Now I get smileys)

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
Steve ... I'm at a remote PC at the college ... I cleared all red status indicators/red lights ... made some notes as to last poster (for benchmarks) ... and everything looks good now. Only posts made after I marked all read were lit back up. My test: Success :D :D :D

(Now I get smileys)

To funny. The other dominates the new testing... of course! :)

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Major failure here! :cry:

I can't reproduce it, but it keeps happening. Every so often ALL of the threads everywhere keep getting set to white.

How can I possibly know what I've read and haven't read when they're all marked as read? :(

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Major failure here! :cry:

I can't reproduce it, but it keeps happening. Every so often ALL of the threads everywhere keep getting set to white.

How can I possibly know what I've read and haven't read when they're all marked as read? :(

Orange buttons are on as of last visit. So if you don't use your pc for 15 minutes or so, that visit is terminated, so they should be white after that if you come back on.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Regarding search:

A few of things I've noticed:

In the error message you sill have 'the no topics met...' which is irrelevant as it never bothered to search. Also you spelt length as 'lenght' :p

"Note: Minimum keyword lenght that can be searched is 4 characters" should only be displayed if the input is below the 5 char min imo

Can you make it so that if you change forum category your search criteria is kept in the text box? Annoying as hell atm as it goes as the page is updated.

It's not the length of the entire search which needs to be above 4 chars, it is every word (as you know) - AMD, CPU, SKT, 939, 754, DDR, FAN, VIA, etc can't be used

:? :? :?

Removed the warning about minimum word size, and put it in the input screen where you specify search keywords. Check it out.

Cannot maintain the input keywords from screen to screen if you change category, since the input has not yet been registered into the system. Also if I cookie the input, and then it is shown thereafter in the search input box, then it will interfere with the username box, since both cannot be set.

Ok that seems better :wink:

When this is all sorted out, and bugs are gone, will all these popup boxes get formatted with a TG logo and nice bordering etc? And will the forum colours etc be getting a going over at a (much) later date too?

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
There is not much control over popup. Just showing a small message, so it does not need/cannot have graphics, etc. :?

The overall gui will be redone later. Yes.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
It is a small pop up with the browser's top (no control) and nothing else on it except for a text message. What formatting are you talking about?

format4xw.png

Or something