AVI_IO output as single file with NTFS

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is it possible to configure AVI_IO to output as a single avi? If
you're using XP with NTFS, there's no 2 or 4GB limit, hence why does
the program still insist on imposing this limit?

The maker of avi_io has a whole slew of documention, but since Im here
Ill save you the time of looking and say "no". Your stuck with the
annoying 4 GB limit. I havnt used AVI_IO in a long time, but Im
guessing that it just hasnt cought up with the times...

On 22 Nov 2004 17:29:54 -0800, droogiedubstar@hotmail.com (james)
wrote:

>Is it possible to configure AVI_IO to output as a single avi? If
>you're using XP with NTFS, there's no 2 or 4GB limit, hence why does
>the program still insist on imposing this limit?

>Is it possible to configure AVI_IO to output as a single avi? If
>you're using XP with NTFS, there's no 2 or 4GB limit, hence why does
>the program still insist on imposing this limit?

No, this would require support for OpenDML 1.02 complying avi files.
This is on the feature list for D 04.xx I'm working on. But wait, I'm
for a long time now so totaly crowded with work etc. job wise that
progress is and will remain marginal in the near future. You therefore
should not ask for a release date or worse hold your breath.

Markus