Has SP2 broken Offline files?

Hi,

Just installed SP2 on laptop day before yesterday. Added some files and
updated some others on my file share yesterday - went to sync offline files
yesterday evening - and am now getting error...

Offline files (...): Unable to make 'blah.doc' available offline of
\\path.... Access is denied.

It is only giving the error for the new files I added and updated.

From the laptop I can go into that file share and update these files fine!!!

Very confused? Only thing I can think of is SP2...

Any ideas

Donal

Changed all the folder settings to be not available offline, turned off
offline file support, turned it back on, and reset to folders to make
available offline and the error now happens for all files it tries to sync.

!!!

"Donal McWeeney" <macker@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just installed SP2 on laptop day before yesterday. Added some files and
> updated some others on my file share yesterday - went to sync offline
> files yesterday evening - and am now getting error...
>
> Offline files (...): Unable to make 'blah.doc' available offline of
> \\path.... Access is denied.
>
> It is only giving the error for the new files I added and updated.
>
> From the laptop I can go into that file share and update these files
> fine!!!
>
> Very confused? Only thing I can think of is SP2...
>
> Any ideas
>
> Donal

Actually, SP2 fixed many issues with Offline Files...

Try reinitializing the cache. See
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/default.asp?url=/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/prork/prdc_mcc_qgir.asp

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:32:38 +0100, "Donal McWeeney"
<macker@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:

>Changed all the folder settings to be not available offline, turned off
>offline file support, turned it back on, and reset to folders to make
>available offline and the error now happens for all files it tries to sync.
>
>!!!
>

>"Donal McWeeney" <macker@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just installed SP2 on laptop day before yesterday. Added some files and
>> updated some others on my file share yesterday - went to sync offline
>> files yesterday evening - and am now getting error...
>>
>> Offline files (...): Unable to make 'blah.doc' available offline of
>> \\path.... Access is denied.
>>
>> It is only giving the error for the new files I added and updated.
>>
>> From the laptop I can go into that file share and update these files
>> fine!!!
>>
>> Very confused? Only thing I can think of is SP2...
>>
>> Any ideas
>>
>> Donal

Thanks Jeffrey,

reinitializing the cache has fixed the problem.

Thanks

Donal

Glad that worked for ya...

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:33:15 +0100, "Donal McWeeney"