Closed

Remote Desktop Printer Problem

August 12, 2004 4:27:57 PM

When I connect to an XP pc remotely it wont print to my Canon 1210 Laser
printer locally.

It connects it when I make a remote connection
but I keep getting "The document failed to print"
Document name - "Local Downlevel Document"

The correct XP driver for the Canon is installed remotely.
I have tried all the ports - TS001 to TS004

Any ideas??

--
Regards,

Joe
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 2:45:29 AM

Are you on the latest driver?

http://software.canon-europe.com/Printers/Laser_Beam_Pr...

Are you installed using LPT port, or USB?

If USB, when viewed locally, via the ports tab on the printer driver--what's
the name of the port that the printer is connected to?

If that begins with DOT4, you'll need the registry change noted in this KB
article and a reboot for this to work:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q302361

"Joe Murphy" <bcs99@eircom.net> wrote in message
> When I connect to an XP pc remotely it wont print to my Canon 1210 Laser
> printer locally.
>
> It connects it when I make a remote connection
> but I keep getting "The document failed to print"
> Document name - "Local Downlevel Document"
>
> The correct XP driver for the Canon is installed remotely.
> I have tried all the ports - TS001 to TS004
>
> Any ideas??
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Joe

Anonymous
August 15, 2004 6:02:06 PM

Bill

Windows XP at both ends.
Latest driver at both ends.
Printer is USB
In ports on local pc it is USB001
TS001 to 4 remotely.
Prints fine locally.
Same problem remotely.
Would a HP Laser printer work better?
Is LPT or USB better for this type of printing?

--
Regards,

Joe

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
> Are you on the latest driver?

http://software.canon-europe.com/Printers/Laser_Beam_Pr...

> Are you installed using LPT port, or USB?
>
> If USB, when viewed locally, via the ports tab on the printer
driver--what's
> the name of the port that the printer is connected to?
>
> If that begins with DOT4, you'll need the registry change noted in this KB
> article and a reboot for this to work:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q302361
>
> "Joe Murphy" <bcs99@eircom.net> wrote in message
> > When I connect to an XP pc remotely it wont print to my Canon 1210 Laser
> > printer locally.
> >
> > It connects it when I make a remote connection
> > but I keep getting "The document failed to print"
> > Document name - "Local Downlevel Document"
> >
> > The correct XP driver for the Canon is installed remotely.
> > I have tried all the ports - TS001 to TS004
> >
> > Any ideas??
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Joe