VPN Connections

August 12, 2004 9:41:02 AM

I have two computers at two different office locations, both computers are
running Windows XP professional, I also just installed DSL at both locations,
each DSL location has its own static IP address. In simple terms could
someone please tell me how to connect these two computers together so I could
work back and forth on them. Thank You, CeeDub.

More about : vpn connections

Anonymous
August 13, 2004 12:57:13 AM

See http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.... for
information on how to setup a VPN server and
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn.htm to setup the
client end...

Note that if you have a router or firewall, you will need to enable
PPTP Passthrough and either forward or allow TCP Port 1723 to pass
through to the server computer.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 05:41:02 -0700, CeeDub
<CeeDub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have two computers at two different office locations, both computers are
>running Windows XP professional, I also just installed DSL at both locations,
>each DSL location has its own static IP address. In simple terms could
>someone please tell me how to connect these two computers together so I could
>work back and forth on them. Thank You, CeeDub.
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 6:13:02 AM

I can make the connection now, but that is it, I can't go any further, how
can I access my files? Thank You

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> See http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.... for
> information on how to setup a VPN server and
> http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn.htm to setup the
> client end...
>
> Note that if you have a router or firewall, you will need to enable
> PPTP Passthrough and either forward or allow TCP Port 1723 to pass
> through to the server computer.
>

> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 05:41:02 -0700, CeeDub
> <CeeDub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have two computers at two different office locations, both computers are
> >running Windows XP professional, I also just installed DSL at both locations,
> >each DSL location has its own static IP address. In simple terms could
> >someone please tell me how to connect these two computers together so I could
> >work back and forth on them. Thank You, CeeDub.

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 12:59:02 AM

You would now acess files in the same way as you would if you were on
the same LAN (except you can't browse or use network neighborhood).
Specify \\IPADDRESS\SHARENAME or \\SERVERNAME\SHARENAME

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 02:13:02 -0700, CeeDub

!