Capture frame of .ASF to .JPG?

Hi,

I've been searching for ages trying to find a tool that will let me
capture one frame of a streamed from the web (via HTTP) .ASF file.

Put simply, I have a live .ASF stream and at periodic intervals I want
to capture a frame and save it as a .JPG.

Can anyone help with this, as I'm a bit stuck now :)

TIA.
--
Nick Webster
2 answers Last reply

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:39:45 -0000, Nick Webster
    <news@not.for.mail.invalid> wrote:

    >I've been searching for ages trying to find a tool that will let me
    >capture one frame of a streamed from the web (via HTTP) .ASF file.
    >
    >Put simply, I have a live .ASF stream and at periodic intervals I want
    >to capture a frame and save it as a .JPG.

    If it's at periodic intervals, then you can do some Avisynth script
    that shall extract exactly the frames you want, load it into
    VirtualDub and save an image sequence.

    The best would be to program some simple software that can write the
    script automatically for you.

    Hi Nick,

    welcome to the club :wink: You are using an IP Webcam with asf
    Stream? I had the same problem with my Linksys WVC54G Cam but I found
    a Software, that supports all the things you look for. See:
    http://www.visiongs.de/products.html .

    Usually the Program is free of charge, but for IP Cams you need the BS
    Version (€25).

    Let me know what you think about it and If you want to order say that
    you heard about it from Torsten Schmidt,
    than you will get the newes Release (incl. Linksys and Allnet support
    and some extra features I asked for)

Tuner Cards Desktops Video Graphics