Remote Desktop without static IP address

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use web remote
desktop through XP Pro without a static IP address? If so
do I need any specific additional software or can it all
be done through XP. I have a small network in the office
on ADSL and need to PC at home that can remote desktop
in.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Darren
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop static address

    Hi Darren,

    I use a free program called no-ip. It works great, just
    goto the site www.no-ip.com and sign up for an account.

    Once installed it publishes your IP address to the no-ip
    servers and then you can use a host name to connect to
    your PC eg. darren.no-ip.com

    Regards,

    http://www.gmditsolutions.com

    Really easy to use.

    "Gary McDonald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Darren,
    >
    > I use a free program called no-ip. It works great, just
    > goto the site www.no-ip.com and sign up for an account.
    >
    > Once installed it publishes your IP address to the no-ip
    > servers and then you can use a host name to connect to
    > your PC eg. darren.no-ip.com
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > http://www.gmditsolutions.com

Static IP Remote Desktop Windows XP