Remote Desktop without static IP address

August 13, 2004 7:14:50 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use web remote
desktop through XP Pro without a static IP address? If so
do I need any specific additional software or can it all
be done through XP. I have a small network in the office
on ADSL and need to PC at home that can remote desktop
in.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Darren
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:26:40 AM

Hi Darren,

I use a free program called no-ip. It works great, just
goto the site www.no-ip.com and sign up for an account.

Once installed it publishes your IP address to the no-ip
servers and then you can use a host name to connect to
your PC eg. darren.no-ip.com

Regards,

http://www.gmditsolutions.com

Anonymous