Wild Tangent and Steam

David

I upgraded to Steam. Ad-Aware now tells me I also have Wild Tangent
installed, which it classifies as spyware.

Is Wild Tangent installed by Steam? If so has any removed Tangent and if so
what stopped working?

Thanks,

DC

"David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> I upgraded to Steam. Ad-Aware now tells me I also have Wild Tangent
> installed, which it classifies as spyware.
>
> Is Wild Tangent installed by Steam? If so has any removed Tangent
and if so
> what stopped working?

Wild Tangent is not installed by steam and the only thing that will
stop working if you remove wild tangent is wild tangent.

Andy, just Andy wrote:
> "David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> I upgraded to Steam. Ad-Aware now tells me I also have Wild Tangent
>> installed, which it classifies as spyware.
>>
>> Is Wild Tangent installed by Steam? If so has any removed Tangent
>> and if so what stopped working?
>>

> Wild Tangent is not installed by steam and the only thing that will
> stop working if you remove wild tangent is wild tangent.

Yer, Steam only installs Steam (and associated Valve games if it's a cache
version).

"David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> I upgraded to Steam. Ad-Aware now tells me I also have Wild Tangent
> installed, which it classifies as spyware.
>
> Is Wild Tangent installed by Steam? If so has any removed Tangent and if
so
> what stopped working?
>
> Thanks,
>
> DC

I got Wyld Tangent 3x in the past month or two and for me it was from
upgrading to the newest version of aim. It comes with it. First time
uninstalling wyldtangent wacked my pc cause i had no idea what it was :p
second time i used adaware and all my problems were solved (third time i did
the same thing to get rid of it)

David

"Damien McBain" <ask.me@for.it> wrote in message
> Andy, just Andy wrote:
> > "David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> >> I upgraded to Steam. Ad-Aware now tells me I also have Wild Tangent
> >> installed, which it classifies as spyware.
> >>
> >> Is Wild Tangent installed by Steam? If so has any removed Tangent
> >> and if so what stopped working?
> >>

> > Wild Tangent is not installed by steam and the only thing that will
> > stop working if you remove wild tangent is wild tangent.
>
> Yer, Steam only installs Steam (and associated Valve games if it's a cache
> version).

Thanks for the response. I removed Wild Tangent. The only effect seems to be
my inability to kill other players ;-)

> "Damien McBain" <ask.me@for.it> wrote in message
> > Andy, just Andy wrote:
> > > "David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

> > > Wild Tangent is not installed by steam and the only thing that will
> > > stop working if you remove wild tangent is wild tangent.
> >
> > Yer, Steam only installs Steam (and associated Valve games if it's a
cache
> > version).
> >

> Thanks for the response. I removed Wild Tangent. The only effect seems to
be
> my inability to kill other players ;-)

Try facing the wall.
If you can't see them , maybe they can't see you.
:cool:

"Limnophile" <Limnophile@msn.com> schreef in bericht

> "David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Damien McBain" <ask.me@for.it> wrote in message

> > > Yer, Steam only installs Steam (and associated Valve games if it's a
> cache
> > > version).
> > >

> > Thanks for the response. I removed Wild Tangent. The only effect seems
> be
> > my inability to kill other players ;-)
> >

> Try facing the wall.
> If you can't see them , maybe they can't see you.
> :cool:

That should do the trick :-D