Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Razer Mamba Not Recognized

Last response: in Windows 7
January 4, 2011 6:00:53 AM

I am at wits end. I've been at this for 6 hours, and I'm pulling out my hair :cry: 
My Razer Mamba hasn't been recognized by Windows for a few days, and despite what I've done (un+reinstalled drivers, went wireless/wired), nothing I've done has changed the state of it.
When I plug in the mouse, itself, or the base, it powers on for a second, then turns off, and the error message "USB Device Not Recognized." So, I looked further into it, and came across this guide:

http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/603388-ra...

(the guide from the user 'Victor_Mizer')

I've done everything TO THE LETTER in this guide (which was also posted elsewhere on the internet, claiming it works) except, when I get to the step where it says it should pick up and install as such and such file type, Windows says that it already has the best drivers for the Mamba, which is untrue, because the current "drivers" for it are unknown. It also says that the device is unknown.

I implore you, internet, come to my aid on this one. :cry: 

More about : razer mamba recognized

a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2011 9:32:15 AM

Try contacting RAZER :) 
m
l
January 4, 2011 1:38:13 PM

1) If you have another mouse or pointing device, does that get recognized in the same USB port? all the time?

2) Did you try with a replacement Razer mouse?

3) Did you try with the same mouse in another machine if you have one around you?
m
l
Related resources
January 4, 2011 6:03:03 PM

fowang said:
Try contacting RAZER :) 

An e-mail was sent, so hopefully it's just a waiting game now... I haven't a clue where a receipt would be, so I don't think a replacement will come cheap. :|

pinaklonkar said:
1) If you have another mouse or pointing device, does that get recognized in the same USB port? all the time?

2) Did you try with a replacement Razer mouse?

3) Did you try with the same mouse in another machine if you have one around you?

- I have the Razer DeathAdder which works perfectly with all 8 of my USB ports on my desktop, all the time. I also have two other laptops (1 Win Vista 32 bit, 1 Win7 64 bit) which the DeathAdder works fine on, but with the Mamba*, the same, exact results are being produced; I plug in the mouse, it turns on for a moment, "USB Device not recognized" pops up, and the same troubleshooting offers no solace.

- A replacement Mamba isn't possible at the time, but if that's what it comes down to, then that's what's going to happen.

- I already answered this bullet in the first unknowingly lol.

I'm trying to see if it is possible, at all, to get this fixed and not replaced :??: 
m
l
January 4, 2011 6:33:07 PM

"...which the DeathAdder works fine on, but the same, exact results are being produced; I plug in the mouse, it turns on for a moment, "USB Device not recognized" pops up, and the same troubleshooting offers no solace."

Check your sentence again. Did you mean to insert Mamba here somewhere?
m
l
January 4, 2011 6:54:06 PM

pinaklonkar said:
"...which the DeathAdder works fine on, but the same, exact results are being produced; I plug in the mouse, it turns on for a moment, "USB Device not recognized" pops up, and the same troubleshooting offers no solace."

Check your sentence again. Did you mean to insert Mamba here somewhere?

Yes, lol.. "...But the same, exact results are being produced for the Mamba;.."
m
l
January 4, 2011 10:35:05 PM

Can anyone offer some advice, a tutorial, anything?
m
l

Best solution

January 5, 2011 3:54:18 PM

I think your mouse is faulty.
January 5, 2011 11:10:18 PM

Well, everyone, the mouse WAS faulty, as speculated. The exchange was painless, but thank you, everyone who spent their time to try and help me out on this.
m
l
January 5, 2011 11:10:34 PM

Best answer selected by LSxRave.
m
l
!