RC on pc at work and external connection

sorry, but I've read all question and answer on this ng but I have always the
same doubt and problem.

I have my work-pc set with IIS (localhost seems to be ok), rc activated (it
works on local lan), under a lan with router and firewall, but I can't see
how to run rc from an "external" connection (from home).
I know my work-area ip (static, and correctly known), I see the port 80 is
open on the router (the only opened one) and I tried to connect "externally"
in many ways (really don't know which url or address I must use...)

Must I change the service port, the url, or something else???

Thanks a lot
1 answer Last reply
More about work external connection

    When you say that port 80 is open on the router at work, and that that is
    the only one, I suspect this isn't going to work.

    I suspect that you mean that port 80 is open outbound--for workers to access
    web resources. In fact, 80 may not be open, really, it may be
    proxied--which intentionally allows web access but in a controlled fashion.

    What you are hoping to do is INBOUND access, right?

    This is a different kettle of fish--the router that connects your workplace
    to the Internet has to be instructed that if packets come in on port 80, to
    forward those to your machine.

    In addition, port 3389 (by default) or some other substitute port is needed
    in addition to port 80.

    "SuperPippo" <SuperPippo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > sorry, but I've read all question and answer on this ng but I have always
    > the
    > same doubt and problem.
    >
    > I have my work-pc set with IIS (localhost seems to be ok), rc activated
    > (it
    > works on local lan), under a lan with router and firewall, but I can't see
    > how to run rc from an "external" connection (from home).
    > I know my work-area ip (static, and correctly known), I see the port 80 is
    > open on the router (the only opened one) and I tried to connect
    > "externally"
    > in many ways (really don't know which url or address I must use...)
    >
    > Must I change the service port, the url, or something else???
    >
    > Thanks a lot

Connection Windows XP