Forcing logoff of user using Remote Desktop

August 13, 2004 9:36:59 PM

I'm at the mercy of my teenager. I travel, and use Remote Desktop in
XP to access my home workstation, but at times my teenager is on the
system and when she gets the popup asking if she wants to disconnect
and allow my remote connection, says no.

Is there any way to configure XP Pro to disallow her that right? A
way that would allow me to forcibly disconnect her (local) session and
allow my (remote) session to connect?

Thanks.

Dale
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 12:56:18 PM

Dale M. wrote:
> I'm at the mercy of my teenager. I travel, and use Remote Desktop in
> XP to access my home workstation, but at times my teenager is on the
> system and when she gets the popup asking if she wants to disconnect
> and allow my remote connection, says no.
>
> Is there any way to configure XP Pro to disallow her that right? A
> way that would allow me to forcibly disconnect her (local) session and
> allow my (remote) session to connect?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dale
As far as I know you can't but there is probably a way to do it.
What you can do is activate a force log off someone at certain times.
Go to the group Policy.
Wim
!