Forcing logoff of user using Remote Desktop

I'm at the mercy of my teenager. I travel, and use Remote Desktop in
XP to access my home workstation, but at times my teenager is on the
system and when she gets the popup asking if she wants to disconnect
and allow my remote connection, says no.

Is there any way to configure XP Pro to disallow her that right? A
way that would allow me to forcibly disconnect her (local) session and
allow my (remote) session to connect?

Thanks.

Dale
2 answers Last reply
More about forcing logoff user remote desktop

    Dale M. wrote:
    > I'm at the mercy of my teenager. I travel, and use Remote Desktop in
    > XP to access my home workstation, but at times my teenager is on the
    > system and when she gets the popup asking if she wants to disconnect
    > and allow my remote connection, says no.
    >
    > Is there any way to configure XP Pro to disallow her that right? A
    > way that would allow me to forcibly disconnect her (local) session and
    > allow my (remote) session to connect?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Dale
    As far as I know you can't but there is probably a way to do it.
    What you can do is activate a force log off someone at certain times.
    Go to the group Policy.
    Wim
  2. use the free version of www.logmein.com

    thank you