From analog movie camera to DVD

I have an analog Canon HI8 video camera, and I recorded some tape.
I converted some of them to VHS tapes, and I am satisfied with the resulting
quality.
Now, I want to convert them to DVD, with a quality at least equal to VHS, at
the lowest possible cost.
Would a Dazzle 80 be enough? If not, what do you recommend? If yes, is there
something even cheaper you would recommend?
My PC is AMD, 1900+ overclocked to 3000+ (!), HD Hitachi-IBM 120 GB 2 MB
cache 5400 rpm.

AS
6 answers Last reply
More about from analog movie camera

    "Amedeo Storni" <astorni@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > I have an analog Canon HI8 video camera, and I recorded some tape.
    > I converted some of them to VHS tapes, and I am satisfied with the
    resulting
    > quality.
    > Now, I want to convert them to DVD, with a quality at least equal to VHS,
    at
    > the lowest possible cost.
    > Would a Dazzle 80 be enough? If not, what do you recommend? If yes, is
    there
    > something even cheaper you would recommend?
    > My PC is AMD, 1900+ overclocked to 3000+ (!), HD Hitachi-IBM 120 GB 2 MB
    > cache 5400 rpm.

    Forgot, I want to use USB 2.0.

    AS

    > "Amedeo Storni" <astorni@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > > I have an analog Canon HI8 video camera, and I recorded some tape.
    > > I converted some of them to VHS tapes, and I am satisfied with the
    > resulting
    > > quality.
    > > Now, I want to convert them to DVD, with a quality at least equal to
    VHS,
    > at
    > > the lowest possible cost.
    > > Would a Dazzle 80 be enough? If not, what do you recommend? If yes, is
    > there
    > > something even cheaper you would recommend?
    > > My PC is AMD, 1900+ overclocked to 3000+ (!), HD Hitachi-IBM 120 GB 2 MB
    > > cache 5400 rpm.
    >
    > Forgot, I want to use USB 2.0.

    Plextor makes a USB 2.0 unit that capture analog video into MPEG-4 / DIVX
    and MPEG-2.

    http://www.plextor.be/products/video_products/px-m402u.asp?choice=ConvertX%20PX-M402U

    > Forgot, I want to use USB 2.0.
    >
    > AS

    You should *want* Firewire if you are looking for the best possible
    quality.

    <xeaglecrest@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > You should *want* Firewire if you are looking for the best possible
    > quality.

    I didn't ask for best quality, I only asked "quality at least equal to VHS,
    minimum price"

    AS

    > <xeaglecrest@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    >> You should *want* Firewire if you are looking for the best possible
    >> quality.
    >
    > I didn't ask for best quality, I only asked "quality at least equal to
    > VHS,
    > minimum price"

    Ironically, if your camcorder has Firewire output, using
    digital Firewire likely is cheaper than acquiring an analog
    video sampling/capture device. This is because the camcorder
    already sampled/captured the analog video into a digital
    stream and recorded it on the tape. When you interconnect
    the camera and computer, you are just "copying" the digital
    stream from the tape to your hard drive.

    > Ironically, if your camcorder has Firewire output, using
    > digital Firewire likely is cheaper than acquiring an analog
    > video sampling/capture device. This is because the camcorder
    > already sampled/captured the analog video into a digital
    > stream and recorded it on the tape. When you interconnect
    > the camera and computer, you are just "copying" the digital
    > stream from the tape to your hard drive.

    You are talking about a digital camcorder, right? I have an analogic one.
    Believe me, if I had a digital camcorder with a firewire output, I would use
    it :-)

    AS

Tuner Cards Cameras Video Graphics