CZ -Deleted Scenes - help

Sky-scraper battle.

OK - I'm in the elevator on the way to the roof to get to the tactical nuke.

I've killed the three guys in the lift lobby through the top of the
broken door.

I can't move the three boxes (illogical) to climb out of the broken door.

I can't climb out the top of the lift because of the gray panel which
has closed.

I'm stuck!!! Help please.

AB

ginger

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2004

"AB" <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Sky-scraper battle.
>
> OK - I'm in the elevator on the way to the roof to get to the tactical
nuke.

> I've killed the three guys in the lift lobby through the top of the
> broken door.
>
> I can't move the three boxes (illogical) to climb out of the broken door.
>
> I can't climb out the top of the lift because of the gray panel which
> has closed.
>
> I'm stuck!!! Help please.
>
> AB

Press the button to close the doors, this will crush them then you can crawl
thru the gap.

I think that is where you are at.

Thanks Ginger. Unfortunately this isn't the right solution.

I am playing the "Rise Hard" scenario.

The lift I am stuck in looks like it has some drop-down steps to a roof
hatch - but the hatch is closed by a gray panel. There is a bad guy on
the other side in the lift shaft.

Can't climb the short steps.

The lift is stuck at the 39/40 floor level.

The top of the closed doors is broken - I killed three bad guys who were
shooting into the lift at me.

The lift buttons do not operate.

I'm still stuck - Help!

AB

Ginger wrote:
> "AB" <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote in message
>
>>Sky-scraper battle.
>>
>>OK - I'm in the elevator on the way to the roof to get to the tactical
>
> nuke.
>
>>I've killed the three guys in the lift lobby through the top of the
>>broken door.
>>
>>I can't move the three boxes (illogical) to climb out of the broken door.
>>
>>I can't climb out the top of the lift because of the gray panel which
>>has closed.
>>
>>I'm stuck!!! Help please.
>>
>>AB
>>

> Press the button to close the doors, this will crush them then you can crawl
> thru the gap.
>
> I think that is where you are at.

"AB" <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Sky-scraper battle.
>
> OK - I'm in the elevator on the way to the roof to get to the
tactical nuke.

> I've killed the three guys in the lift lobby through the top of the
> broken door.
>
> I can't move the three boxes (illogical) to climb out of the broken
door.

> I can't climb out the top of the lift because of the gray panel
which
> has closed.
>
> I'm stuck!!! Help please.

You can jump to the broken ladder you don't need to stand on the
boxes. Just back away from the ladder until your back is against the
wall and do a duck jump, you may need to do it a few times to hit it
perfectly but I guarantee it can be done because I completed the game.

Andy,

The opening to the lift shaft has a gray cover which I can't damage with
shooting even.

Even if I kill the guy up there, the gray cover appears when I move near
the steps - did this happen to you too?

AB

> Andy,
>
> The opening to the lift shaft has a gray cover which I can't damage
with
> shooting even.
>
> Even if I kill the guy up there, the gray cover appears when I move
near
> the steps - did this happen to you too?

No, I think you may have a bug in your copy, I would back-up your
savegames and re-install

Backed up the games and re-installed - same result.

I can't get up the short stairs to the hatch in the roof of the lift,
either before or after kiling the bad guy up there.

The gray panel appears after 4 or 5 seconds. The bad guy in the lift
shaft can't shoot through it - but nor can I.

Something seesm to be wrong!!!

Is there much more of the game following this level?

AB

> Is there much more of the game following this level?

Climb some ladders, shoot more bad guys, avoid helicopter, defuse some
bombs including a nuke, kill Irish terrorist before he can remote
detonate the nuke then watch a very very long credit sequence - THE
END

Andy,

I have re-installed the game.

I have replayed the level to the same point.

I just can't get up the short ladder to the lift shaft - no matter how I
try and jump up to it - I must be doing something wrong, but what?

Thanks for trying to help.

AB

> Andy,
>
> I have re-installed the game.
>
> I have replayed the level to the same point.
>
> I just can't get up the short ladder to the lift shaft - no matter
how I
> try and jump up to it - I must be doing something wrong, but what?

If you say you can't see through the hatch above the ladder then I
think there is something wrong with your installation. I just replayed
the level to make sure I remembered it right and I can see through the
hatch into the lift shaft where there is one bad guy to kill and can
jump up to the ladder.

Did you buy CZ on disk or download it through steam? Mine was
downloaded. If you installed from disk did you get the deleted scenes
patch that steam fed me?

Andy,

I bought it from "Game". I didn't know about the patch - thanks. Can
it be downloaded from the Steam website - if there is one?

To clarify things alittle, I can see through the hatch and I can kill
the bad guy up there.

After a few seconds, a noise in the background stops, and a gray panel
covers the hatch.

I have tried all manner of jumps to try and climb the ladder, but just
can't seem to catch on before the panel drops into place.

Maybe the patch will fix this.

Thanks again.

AB

> Andy,
>
> I bought it from "Game". I didn't know about the patch - thanks.
Can
> it be downloaded from the Steam website - if there is one?
>
> To clarify things alittle, I can see through the hatch and I can
kill
> the bad guy up there.
>
> After a few seconds, a noise in the background stops, and a gray
panel
> covers the hatch.
>
> I have tried all manner of jumps to try and climb the ladder, but
just
> can't seem to catch on before the panel drops into place.
>
> Maybe the patch will fix this.

I'm not sure what the patch fixed as steam installed it before I
played the game but to get it you will have to install steam. It
should be on the disk but if not you can get it from
www.steampowered.com

Once you run steam it should automatically patch itself and any valve
games installed

Andy,

I had to install Steam before I could access the patch.

Steam reconfigured my games - CZ as well as Deleted Scenes so they can
only be played when connected to the internet - brilliant!!!!! Don't
think so!

I played the lift scenario again - still couldn't get up the steps
anyway I jumped.

The Bl%$£y gray panel dropped into place again too.

I have removed Steam from my computer, and binned Deleted Scenes, shame
really, but there must have been something wrong with it.

My old copy of CS still works - phew!

Thanks for your suggestions anyway.

AB

> Andy,
>
> I had to install Steam before I could access the patch.
>
> Steam reconfigured my games - CZ as well as Deleted Scenes so they
can
> only be played when connected to the internet - brilliant!!!!!
Don't
> think so!
>

> I have removed Steam from my computer, and binned Deleted Scenes,
shame
> really, but there must have been something wrong with it.

Sorry to hear you couldn't get it working that patch must fix this
error.

Anyway just a note, steam no longer requires you to be connected to
the internet to play. You just need to connect once and log-in then it
works in offline mode as long as you just click exit and don't click
exit-and log out

But if you are happy with CS1.5 and WON then that's OK too

Andy,

When off line, and I clicked the CZ icon, a message said the game was
not available off-line - that was Deleted Scenes as well as CZ

Got fed up in the end - life's too short.

I've re-installed CZ and that works okay (I backed up my save files first)

CS and WON still work too, so I'm still happy :)

What's your CS handle? Mine is Anvil.

CU around.

AB

> What's your CS handle? Mine is Anvil.

I used to be Mythical-Beast but I haven't played CS in ages, I mainly
play DoD, CoD and UT2004 now.

GrimReaper

No the problem is that steam makes the icons connect to CZ through steam.
But you can play it off-line single player just re-insert the disk it will
say play cz and there you go steam FREE.