Limitations of Remote Desktop Connection

I have used Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 2000 Servers and it allowed
up to 2 users simultaneously to connect remotely to the server. XP
Professional seems to only allow 1 simultaneous user to logon remotely. Is
this the limitation of XP pro, or is there a configuration setting to allow
more than one remote user to connect to the machine at a time.
3 answers Last reply
More about limitations remote desktop connection

    This is a designed limitation. There's ($$$) third-party software to
    work-around it.
    (whose name I can't remember.)

    "Randy D" <Randy D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have used Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 2000 Servers and it
    >allowed
    > up to 2 users simultaneously to connect remotely to the server. XP
    > Professional seems to only allow 1 simultaneous user to logon remotely.
    > Is
    > this the limitation of XP pro, or is there a configuration setting to
    > allow
    > more than one remote user to connect to the machine at a time.

    WinConnect Server XP.

    Last version 1.17 does not support XP SP2 !!!

    http://www.thinsoftinc.com/WinXP_SP2.php

    "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
    > This is a designed limitation. There's ($$$) third-party software to
    > work-around it.
    > (whose name I can't remember.)
    >
    > "Randy D" <Randy D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have used Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 2000 Servers and it
    >>allowed
    >> up to 2 users simultaneously to connect remotely to the server. XP
    >> Professional seems to only allow 1 simultaneous user to logon remotely.
    >> Is
    >> this the limitation of XP pro, or is there a configuration setting to
    >> allow
    >> more than one remote user to connect to the machine at a time.

    Thanks!

    "roman modic" <modicr@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > WinConnect Server XP.
    >
    > Last version 1.17 does not support XP SP2 !!!
    >

    > http://www.thinsoftinc.com/WinXP_SP2.php
    >

    > "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
    >> This is a designed limitation. There's ($$$) third-party software to
    >> work-around it.
    >> (whose name I can't remember.)
    >>
    >> "Randy D" <Randy D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have used Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 2000 Servers and it
    >>>allowed
    >>> up to 2 users simultaneously to connect remotely to the server. XP
    >>> Professional seems to only allow 1 simultaneous user to logon remotely.
    >>> Is
    >>> this the limitation of XP pro, or is there a configuration setting to
    >>> allow
    >>> more than one remote user to connect to the machine at a time.

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP Servers