Limitations of Remote Desktop Connection

I have used Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 2000 Servers and it allowed
up to 2 users simultaneously to connect remotely to the server. XP
Professional seems to only allow 1 simultaneous user to logon remotely. Is
this the limitation of XP pro, or is there a configuration setting to allow
more than one remote user to connect to the machine at a time.

This is a designed limitation. There's ($$$) third-party software to
work-around it.
(whose name I can't remember.)

"Randy D" <Randy D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 2000 Servers and it
>allowed
> up to 2 users simultaneously to connect remotely to the server. XP
> Professional seems to only allow 1 simultaneous user to logon remotely.
> Is
> this the limitation of XP pro, or is there a configuration setting to
> allow
> more than one remote user to connect to the machine at a time.

WinConnect Server XP.

Last version 1.17 does not support XP SP2 !!!

http://www.thinsoftinc.com/WinXP_SP2.php

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
> This is a designed limitation. There's ($$$) third-party software to
> work-around it.
> (whose name I can't remember.)
>
> "Randy D" <Randy D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have used Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 2000 Servers and it
>>allowed
>> up to 2 users simultaneously to connect remotely to the server. XP
>> Professional seems to only allow 1 simultaneous user to logon remotely.
>> Is
>> this the limitation of XP pro, or is there a configuration setting to
>> allow
>> more than one remote user to connect to the machine at a time.

Thanks!