firewire A/B switch box?

My thinking is that since I can get an A/B switch box for serial and
parallel cables for next to nothing ($20 or less) a firewire switch box
should be cheap as well. All I've found so far is 4 x 1 (or bigger) for at
least $50. I've checked places such as Markertek and struck out. Anyone
have a source for me? Thanks.

Mike

cyberguys maybe ?

http://www.cyberguys.com

rqo

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> My thinking is that since I can get an A/B switch box for serial and
> parallel cables for next to nothing ($20 or less) a firewire switch box
> should be cheap as well. All I've found so far is 4 x 1 (or bigger) for
> at
> least $50. I've checked places such as Markertek and struck out. Anyone
> have a source for me? Thanks.
>
> Mike

http://www.cablewholesale.com/catalog/ieee-1394cables.htm

Bottom of page is a 6 port hub for $42.90

I've been looking for one too.

rqo

"rqo" <safetyo@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
> cyberguys maybe ?
>
> http://www.cyberguys.com
>
> rqo
>
> "Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> My thinking is that since I can get an A/B switch box for serial and
>> parallel cables for next to nothing ($20 or less) a firewire switch box
>> should be cheap as well. All I've found so far is 4 x 1 (or bigger) for
>> at
>> least $50. I've checked places such as Markertek and struck out. Anyone
>> have a source for me? Thanks.
>>
>> Mike

Thanks for the link rqo. Cableguys came up empty.
What I really want though is (if you remember them) the Centronics switch
boxes everyone used to have for printers, etc. Cheap as hell and they
worked.

Mike

rqo wrote:
> http://www.cablewholesale.com/catalog/ieee-1394cables.htm
>
> Bottom of page is a 6 port hub for $42.90
>
> I've been looking for one too.
>
> rqo
>
> "rqo" <safetyo@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> cyberguys maybe ?
>>
>> http://www.cyberguys.com
>>
>> rqo
>>
>> "Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> My thinking is that since I can get an A/B switch box for serial and
>>> parallel cables for next to nothing ($20 or less) a firewire switch
>>> box should be cheap as well. All I've found so far is 4 x 1 (or
>>> bigger) for at
>>> least $50. I've checked places such as Markertek and struck out.
>>> Anyone have a source for me? Thanks.
>>>
>>> Mike

Hey Mike...yea I've got one on one of my printer setups. Just a good old
A/B manual knob on the face of a little metal box. Solid as a rock. I'd
like a firewire switch the same way, but like you, I can't find one either.

> Thanks for the link rqo. Cableguys came up empty.
> What I really want though is (if you remember them) the Centronics switch
> boxes everyone used to have for printers, etc. Cheap as hell and they
> worked.
>
> Mike
>

> rqo wrote:
>> http://www.cablewholesale.com/catalog/ieee-1394cables.htm
>>
>> Bottom of page is a 6 port hub for $42.90
>>
>> I've been looking for one too.
>>
>> rqo
>>
>> "rqo" <safetyo@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>> cyberguys maybe ?
>>>
>>> http://www.cyberguys.com
>>>
>>> rqo
>>>
>>> "Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca>

> My thinking is that since I can get an A/B switch box for serial and
> parallel cables for next to nothing ($20 or less) a firewire switch
> box should be cheap as well. All I've found so far is 4 x 1 (or
> bigger) for at least $50. I've checked places such as Markertek and
> struck out. Anyone have a source for me? Thanks.

Like this? It's still $59 but hey......

http://www.signvideo.com/firewire-switch-ieee-1394.htm

david

david gourley wrote:
> "Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca>
>
>> My thinking is that since I can get an A/B switch box for serial and
>> parallel cables for next to nothing ($20 or less) a firewire switch
>> box should be cheap as well. All I've found so far is 4 x 1 (or
>> bigger) for at least $50. I've checked places such as Markertek and
>> struck out. Anyone have a source for me? Thanks.
>
> Like this? It's still $59 but hey......
>
> http://www.signvideo.com/firewire-switch-ieee-1394.htm
>

> david

Thanks David!! Except for the ridiculous price, that's what I'm looking
for.

Mike

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> news:314c6mF379sfhU1
@individual.net:

> david gourley wrote:
>> "Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca>
>>
>>> My thinking is that since I can get an A/B switch box for serial and
>>> parallel cables for next to nothing ($20 or less) a firewire switch
>>> box should be cheap as well. All I've found so far is 4 x 1 (or
>>> bigger) for at least $50. I've checked places such as Markertek and
>>> struck out. Anyone have a source for me? Thanks.
>>
>> Like this? It's still $59 but hey......
>>
>> http://www.signvideo.com/firewire-switch-ieee-1394.htm
>>

>> david
>

> Thanks David!! Except for the ridiculous price, that's what I'm
looking
> for.

Yes, it looks pretty good until you get to that part! <g>

david