Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

I want to do compositing with a green (blue?) screen video streams. Does
anybody know of a tutorial on this technique? What would be the best
software for this (least expensive!)

Thanks?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Google, and you'll find too much.

You know the last two request are mutually exclusive, right?

Paul Schwartz wrote:

> I want to do compositing with a green (blue?) screen video streams. Does
> anybody know of a tutorial on this technique? What would be the best
> software for this (least expensive!)
>
> Thanks?

terry

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

> I want to do compositing with a green (blue?) screen video streams. Does
> anybody know of a tutorial on this technique? What would be the best
> software for this (least expensive!)
>
> Thanks?

Lots of light on the screen.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Not so much light on the screen. 65% on the waveform is what I
learned-- you put too much on the screen and it bounces onto the subject.

Also, a deep studio is almost a must, you have to get away from the
screen. Well, you don't HAVE to, it just makes things x1000 easier.

terry wrote:

>>I want to do compositing with a green (blue?) screen video streams. Does
>>anybody know of a tutorial on this technique? What would be the best
>>software for this (least expensive!)
>>
>>Thanks?
>>

> Lots of light on the screen.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

here are a million tutorials. Do a google search on keying ultimatte
compositing..

Make sure your screen is lit FLAT. Watch the shadows.

Is you are using a compressed format like DV, be aware of its pitfalls with
respect to keying.

google.
"Paul Schwartz" <paul@diesel_car.biz> wrote in message
>I want to do compositing with a green (blue?) screen video streams. Does
> anybody know of a tutorial on this technique? What would be the best
> software for this (least expensive!)
>
> Thanks?

terry

"Seattle Eric" <noone@erehwon.gov> wrote in message
> Not so much light on the screen. 65% on the waveform is what I
> learned-- you put too much on the screen and it bounces onto the subject.
>
> Also, a deep studio is almost a must, you have to get away from the
> screen. Well, you don't HAVE to, it just makes things x1000 easier.

Agree. Though my 2 cents was aimed at someone looking to set something up
in a spare room with their family camcorder - they'll discover things tend
to get a little grey in room light and grey makes a bad key. Unless you
enjoy rotoscoping.