STEAM-- Which Key Should I Sign Up With?

I have my original CD's and keys for:

Half Life.
Half Life Game of the Year Edition.
Opposing Force.
Blue Shift.
Gunman Chronicles.

Which ones key do I use for signing up to a Steam account?
Is it likely that some of my keys have expired in some way and wont be
accepted by Valve because I have only used one key when playing online so
far?
I have never cheated or anything like that.
I have never given away my keys either, afaik!
So far I've only used my HL GOY Edition key with no problems playing CS1.5
online.
I've owned my original game CD's since brand new and I was wondering if
Valve has made redundant or unusable old keys that have not ever been WON or
STEAM authorised online?
4 answers Last reply
More about steam sign with

    Uzi Goes Blatt! wrote:
    > I have my original CD's and keys for:
    >
    > Half Life.
    > Half Life Game of the Year Edition.
    > Opposing Force.
    > Blue Shift.
    > Gunman Chronicles.
    >
    > Which ones key do I use for signing up to a Steam account?
    > Is it likely that some of my keys have expired in some way and wont be
    > accepted by Valve because I have only used one key when playing
    > online so far?
    > I have never cheated or anything like that.
    > I have never given away my keys either, afaik!
    > So far I've only used my HL GOY Edition key with no problems playing
    > CS1.5 online.
    > I've owned my original game CD's since brand new and I was wondering
    > if Valve has made redundant or unusable old keys that have not ever
    > been WON or STEAM authorised online?

    Both of the Half-Life ones will work. They don't expire (not yet anyway).
    Make sure you remember the e-mail you sign up with, it's the only one you
    can use with the CD key you originally use, that is, you can't change your
    e-mail addy and you can't register more than once with one CD key.

    Damien McBain <ask.me@for.it> wrote in message
    > Both of the Half-Life ones will work. They don't expire (not yet anyway).
    > Make sure you remember the e-mail you sign up with, it's the only one you
    > can use with the CD key you originally use, that is, you can't change your
    > e-mail addy and you can't register more than once with one CD key.

    Thanks! :-)

    Sign up with your HL CD-Key for now. BUT, keep your GOTY and OpFor CD
    Key's around just in case you get banned by VAC.

    --
    -----------------------------
    Thanks,

    Tom "Necromancer" Scott
    Website: http://www.commorragh.org

    Welcome to the Darkness...
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    The Key dose not expired for use with steam. It dose not matter what
    one you use. I use the just half-life key.
    John

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:40:25 GMT, Tom Scott
    <necromancer@commorragh.org> wrote:

    >Sign up with your HL CD-Key for now. BUT, keep your GOTY and OpFor CD
    >Key's around just in case you get banned by VAC.
    >
    >Uzi Goes Blatt! wrote:
    >
    >> I have my original CD's and keys for:
    >>
    >> Half Life.
    >> Half Life Game of the Year Edition.
    >> Opposing Force.
    >> Blue Shift.
    >> Gunman Chronicles.
    >>
    >> Which ones key do I use for signing up to a Steam account?
    >> Is it likely that some of my keys have expired in some way and wont be
    >> accepted by Valve because I have only used one key when playing online so
    >> far?
    >> I have never cheated or anything like that.
    >> I have never given away my keys either, afaik!
    >> So far I've only used my HL GOY Edition key with no problems playing CS1.5
    >> online.
    >> I've owned my original game CD's since brand new and I was wondering if
    >> Valve has made redundant or unusable old keys that have not ever been WON or
    >> STEAM authorised online?

Games Steam CD-Rom Video Games