Can't edit mpeg that have buffering

I've tried to edit mpeg's that have buffering with several video
editing programs, and none of them work. Can anyone recommend a
software that will work, or how to convert a buffered mpeg to a
non-buffered mpeg?
6 answers Last reply
More about edit mpeg buffering
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.multimedia.mpeg,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.production (More info?)

    I've tried to edit mpeg's that have buffering with several video
    editing programs, and none of them work. Can anyone recommend a
    software that will work, or how to convert a buffered mpeg to a
    non-buffered mpeg?
  2. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.multimedia.mpeg,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.production (More info?)

    easytoremember123@email.com (Wizard of Ozz) wrote in message news:<fbcc7457.0412021748.5adfe5cf@posting.google.com>...
    > I've tried to edit mpeg's that have buffering with several video
    > editing programs, and none of them work. Can anyone recommend a
    > software that will work, or how to convert a buffered mpeg to a
    > non-buffered mpeg?

    Sorry, I don't know what buffering is.... but when it comes to editing
    Mpeg files I haven't found anything better than VideoReDo.

    <http://www.drdsystems.com/VideoReDo/index.html>

    Ask the author.

    Eric
  3. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.multimedia.mpeg,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.production (More info?)

    > Sorry, I don't know what buffering is.... but when it comes to editing
    > Mpeg files I haven't found anything better than VideoReDo.

    I would also like to mention: Cuttermaran which is freeware but has a lot of
    good features, including cutting without reencoding:
    http://www.cuttermaran.de/frameset.htm

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

    "Eric" <byteguy@lanset.com> wrote in message
    > easytoremember123@email.com (Wizard of Ozz) wrote in message
    >> I've tried to edit mpeg's that have buffering with several video
    >> editing programs, and none of them work. Can anyone recommend a
    >> software that will work, or how to convert a buffered mpeg to a
    >> non-buffered mpeg?
    >
    > Sorry, I don't know what buffering is.... but when it comes to editing
    > Mpeg files I haven't found anything better than VideoReDo.
    >
    > <http://www.drdsystems.com/VideoReDo/index.html>
    >
    > Ask the author.
    >
    > Eric
  4. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop, alt.multimedia.mpeg, microsoft.public.windowsxp.video, rec.video.production (More info?)

    Rehan wrote:

    > I would also like to mention: Cuttermaran which is freeware but has a
    lot of
    > good features, including cutting without reencoding:
    > http://www.cuttermaran.de/frameset.htm

    But Cuttermaran needs "Microsoft .NET Runtime 1.1" and "installed MPEG2
    decoder (like Elecard or other)." And it only works on elementary
    streams so you have to demux first.

    If you can make it work, go the free route (I do when I can). I've
    never tried Cuttermaran, but I did try lots of other ones and VideoReDo
    was the only one that worked with the captures straight from my board
    and NEVER gave me a video/audio out of synch.

    "Wizard of Ozz" <easytoremember123@email.com> wrote in message
    > I've tried to edit mpeg's that have buffering with several video
    > editing programs, and none of them work. Can anyone recommend a
    > software that will work, or how to convert a buffered mpeg to a
    > non-buffered mpeg?

    Never heard of MPEG with buffering. MPEG has a parameter called the video
    buffer verifier that instructs the decoder of the size of buffer needed to
    decode the stream. But MPEG with buffering vs. without? What is that?

    On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 19:16:09 GMT, "FLY135" <fly_135(@ hot not
    not)notmail.com> wrote:

    >Never heard of MPEG with buffering. MPEG has a parameter called the video
    >buffer verifier that instructs the decoder of the size of buffer needed to
    >decode the stream. But MPEG with buffering vs. without? What is that?

    May be it's Transport stream what he is talking about.

Tuner Cards MPEG Desktops Video Software Graphics