  • Software
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 25, 2004 11:14:06 PM

I've tried to edit mpeg's that have buffering with several video
editing programs, and none of them work. Can anyone recommend a
software that will work, or how to convert a buffered mpeg to a
non-buffered mpeg?

More about : edit mpeg buffering

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 8:48:55 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.multimedia.mpeg,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.production (More info?)

I've tried to edit mpeg's that have buffering with several video
editing programs, and none of them work. Can anyone recommend a
software that will work, or how to convert a buffered mpeg to a
non-buffered mpeg?
December 3, 2004 12:55:24 PM

easytoremember123@email.com (Wizard of Ozz) wrote in message news:<fbcc7457.0412021748.5adfe5cf@posting.google.com>...
> I've tried to edit mpeg's that have buffering with several video
> editing programs, and none of them work. Can anyone recommend a
> software that will work, or how to convert a buffered mpeg to a
> non-buffered mpeg?

Sorry, I don't know what buffering is.... but when it comes to editing
Mpeg files I haven't found anything better than VideoReDo.

<http://www.drdsystems.com/VideoReDo/index.html&gt;

Ask the author.

Eric
Related resources
December 4, 2004 10:15:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.multimedia.mpeg,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.production (More info?)

> Sorry, I don't know what buffering is.... but when it comes to editing
> Mpeg files I haven't found anything better than VideoReDo.

I would also like to mention: Cuttermaran which is freeware but has a lot of
good features, including cutting without reencoding:
http://www.cuttermaran.de/frameset.htm

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

"Eric" <byteguy@lanset.com> wrote in message
> easytoremember123@email.com (Wizard of Ozz) wrote in message
>> I've tried to edit mpeg's that have buffering with several video
>> editing programs, and none of them work. Can anyone recommend a
>> software that will work, or how to convert a buffered mpeg to a
>> non-buffered mpeg?
>
> Sorry, I don't know what buffering is.... but when it comes to editing
> Mpeg files I haven't found anything better than VideoReDo.
>
> <http://www.drdsystems.com/VideoReDo/index.html&gt;
>
> Ask the author.
>
> Eric
December 6, 2004 1:17:23 PM

Rehan wrote:

> I would also like to mention: Cuttermaran which is freeware but has a
lot of
> good features, including cutting without reencoding:
> http://www.cuttermaran.de/frameset.htm

But Cuttermaran needs "Microsoft .NET Runtime 1.1" and "installed MPEG2
decoder (like Elecard or other)." And it only works on elementary
streams so you have to demux first.

If you can make it work, go the free route (I do when I can). I've
never tried Cuttermaran, but I did try lots of other ones and VideoReDo
was the only one that worked with the captures straight from my board
and NEVER gave me a video/audio out of synch.
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 10:16:09 PM

"Wizard of Ozz" <easytoremember123@email.com> wrote in message
> I've tried to edit mpeg's that have buffering with several video
> editing programs, and none of them work. Can anyone recommend a
> software that will work, or how to convert a buffered mpeg to a
> non-buffered mpeg?

Never heard of MPEG with buffering. MPEG has a parameter called the video
buffer verifier that instructs the decoder of the size of buffer needed to
decode the stream. But MPEG with buffering vs. without? What is that?
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 2:47:24 AM

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 19:16:09 GMT, "FLY135" <fly_135(@ hot not
not)notmail.com> wrote:

>Never heard of MPEG with buffering. MPEG has a parameter called the video
>buffer verifier that instructs the decoder of the size of buffer needed to
>decode the stream. But MPEG with buffering vs. without? What is that?

May be it's Transport stream what he is talking about.
!