Inetinfo.exe

August 18, 2004 1:09:01 AM

I have recently gotten a new PC (everything new) and
installed XP Pro. I initially did install remote options
or FTP options as I was kind of iin a hurry to get
underway. I went back later on and put all the IIS options
in. I have gotten Remote Desktop working perfect, or as
well as the client PC will allow. Anyhow, I set up my FTP
Host program no problem. When I try to turn go on-line
with it, It's errors out telling me port 21 is already in
use. Sur enough, it is. I checked through my firewall GUI
to see what it was and it turns out to be inetinfo.exe,
which helps with FTP, but doesn't belong on that port.
Nestat doesn't show it on port 21, unles I'm gving it the
wrong command. Task manager shows inetinfo running. I read
up a bit and figured out how to identify this problem, but
cannot locate any info in the KB articles or elsewhere as
to what to do about it. Any offerings would be most
appreciated. I had my previous XP Pro machine set up to
run FTP and never had a problem.

More about : inetinfo exe

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 4:00:51 PM

pieces. It sounds to me as though you've installed the FTP server portion
of IIS, and you'd prefer to use your own choice of app for that purpose.
Uninstall IIS's FTP server.

!