Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI card & WPA

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 19, 2004 6:30:24 PM

Can anyone confirm whether this card supports WPA?
When I look in the network poerpties of this card on my Toshiba Sat1800
there are no WPA options.
Is this because the machine/config is worng ....or does this card not
support it.

The driver is 7.43.0.9 (1/07/2001) which seems *really* old but I cant find
a newer one anywhere?
Does anyone know of a newer driver (yes I have searched the toshiba support
site) that will enable WPA on this card?

Thanks
Al Blake, Canberra, Australia
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 7:15:16 PM

Answered my own question:
Just found an updated driver package at www.agere.com - contains the right
driver and is version 7.82.0.550 (22/9/2003) and it *does* support WPA.
Hope that helps somone else.
Al.

"Al Blake" <al@removethistext.blakes.net> wrote in message
news:o BgpjRZtEHA.2660@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Can anyone confirm whether this card supports WPA?
> When I look in the network poerpties of this card on my Toshiba Sat1800
> there are no WPA options.
> Is this because the machine/config is worng ....or does this card not
> support it.
>
> The driver is 7.43.0.9 (1/07/2001) which seems *really* old but I cant
> find a newer one anywhere?
> Does anyone know of a newer driver (yes I have searched the toshiba
> support site) that will enable WPA on this card?
>
> Thanks
> Al Blake, Canberra, Australia

Related resources
November 9, 2009 6:48:02 PM

Just to add to this. I downloaded the driver 7.82.0.550 (22/9/2003) but still couldn't get WPA. Finally I went to control panel, Wireless Network setup, and used the wizzard, there was a check box at the bottom to use WPA rather than WEP. After doing this, WPA and WEP were available. Frustrating to figure out. But my old old Satellite A20 with Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI adapter can support WPA. Some forums are directing people to replace this, and other, old card. Not necessary.

!