Remote Assistance/SP2 Firewall

I have begun testing SP2 on my network and ran across a little problem. I
have found that I am unable to "Office Remote Assistance" to computers after
then have been updated with SP2; the error I get is "The remote server
machine does not exist or is unavailable." I am able to setup a session if
the SP2 computer “requests� remote assistance, but not when it is offered
remote assistance.

It works on SP1 computers, so I know the Remote Assistance settings are
right. My firewall policy allows the Remote Desktop Exception.

Any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance firewall

    Is remote assistance enabled?

    Right-click 'my computer' select 'remote' ensure that
    remote assistance is enabled.

    http://www.gmditsolutions.com
    http://www.themobilepcdoctor.com

    not when it is offered
    >remote assistance.
    >
    >It works on SP1 computers, so I know the Remote
    Assistance settings are
    >right. My firewall policy allows the Remote Desktop
    Exception.

    >Any ideas?
    >.

    Yes, that is all setup via group policies. Everything works until SP2 gets
    installed, then it brakes.

    "Gary McDonald" wrote:

    > Is remote assistance enabled?
    >
    > Right-click 'my computer' select 'remote' ensure that
    > remote assistance is enabled.
    >
    > http://www.gmditsolutions.com
    > http://www.themobilepcdoctor.com

    Sorry to have missed this conversation 'til now:

    There's a KB article explaining how to fix this issue:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555179

    "sphbecker" <sphbecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, that is all setup via group policies. Everything works until SP2
    > gets
    > installed, then it brakes.
    >
    > "Gary McDonald" wrote:
    >
    >> Is remote assistance enabled?
    >>
    >> Right-click 'my computer' select 'remote' ensure that
    >> remote assistance is enabled.
    >>
    >> http://www.gmditsolutions.com
    >> http://www.themobilepcdoctor.com

Firewalls Windows XP