Remote Assistance/SP2 Firewall

August 19, 2004 10:13:02 AM

I have begun testing SP2 on my network and ran across a little problem. I
have found that I am unable to "Office Remote Assistance" to computers after
then have been updated with SP2; the error I get is "The remote server
machine does not exist or is unavailable." I am able to setup a session if
the SP2 computer “requests� remote assistance, but not when it is offered
remote assistance.

It works on SP1 computers, so I know the Remote Assistance settings are
right. My firewall policy allows the Remote Desktop Exception.

Any ideas?
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 12:48:17 PM

Is remote assistance enabled?

Right-click 'my computer' select 'remote' ensure that
remote assistance is enabled.

http://www.gmditsolutions.com
http://www.themobilepcdoctor.com

not when it is offered
>remote assistance.
>
>It works on SP1 computers, so I know the Remote
Assistance settings are
>right. My firewall policy allows the Remote Desktop
Exception.

>Any ideas?
>.

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 1:27:03 PM

Yes, that is all setup via group policies. Everything works until SP2 gets
installed, then it brakes.

"Gary McDonald" wrote:

> Is remote assistance enabled?
>
> Right-click 'my computer' select 'remote' ensure that
> remote assistance is enabled.
>
> http://www.gmditsolutions.com
> http://www.themobilepcdoctor.com

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 4:10:11 AM

Sorry to have missed this conversation 'til now:

There's a KB article explaining how to fix this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555179

!