Group Policy & Remote Destop

Is there a way of configuring (enabling at the least)
Remote Desktop using group policy. I am already aware of
the KnowledgeBase Article 306300
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306300) but I want to
know if I can, through GP, configure a computer to allow
users to connect remotely to that computer without being
there physically to log on as Admin and set this up.

The basic aim is creating a method to enable Remote
Desktop without being physically present at each
computer. It would save me from traveling all around the
state to some 100+ sites.

-Kevin
3 answers Last reply
More about group policy remote destop

    Look at this reply by Jeffrey Randow, MS-MVP, to a similar question...

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=be139a1e2a555148&seekm=A13F825A-A16D-4955-897F-366E04D57255%40microsoft.com#link4

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Kevin" <kdimiche@u.washington.edu> wrote in message news:96bb01c48640$19ea4930$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > Is there a way of configuring (enabling at the least)
    > Remote Desktop using group policy. I am already aware of
    > the KnowledgeBase Article 306300
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306300) but I want to
    > know if I can, through GP, configure a computer to allow
    > users to connect remotely to that computer without being
    > there physically to log on as Admin and set this up.
    >
    > The basic aim is creating a method to enable Remote
    > Desktop without being physically present at each
    > computer. It would save me from traveling all around the
    > state to some 100+ sites.
    >
    > -Kevin

    Thank you Al. This worked just as I wanted.

    -Kevin

    for the mutual benefit of all of us...
    >The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    confers no rights...

    >"Kevin" <kdimiche@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way of configuring (enabling at the least)
    >> Remote Desktop using group policy. I am already aware of
    >> the KnowledgeBase Article 306300
    >> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306300) but I want
    >> know if I can, through GP, configure a computer to allow
    >> users to connect remotely to that computer without being
    >> there physically to log on as Admin and set this up.
    >>
    >> The basic aim is creating a method to enable Remote
    >> Desktop without being physically present at each
    >> computer. It would save me from traveling all around
    the
    >> state to some 100+ sites.
    >>
    >> -Kevin
    >
    >.

    Thanks as well for the info, I used it and it worked well although it was on
    Windows 2003 and the option was named a bit differently.

    What I would like to do is to add specific users that can use RDP on these
    workstations (450+ in my case). I realize that there's a local Remote
    Desktop Users group. Do I have to individualy add people to this though or
    is there a GPO method that will let me do this. Maybe a script?

    Thanks in advance for your help,

    Chris

    > Thank you Al. This worked just as I wanted.
    >
    > -Kevin

Policy Computers Windows XP