Group Policy & Remote Destop

August 19, 2004 7:58:54 PM

Is there a way of configuring (enabling at the least)
Remote Desktop using group policy. I am already aware of
the KnowledgeBase Article 306300
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306300) but I want to
know if I can, through GP, configure a computer to allow
users to connect remotely to that computer without being
there physically to log on as Admin and set this up.

The basic aim is creating a method to enable Remote
Desktop without being physically present at each
computer. It would save me from traveling all around the
state to some 100+ sites.

-Kevin
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 11:24:29 PM

Look at this reply by Jeffrey Randow, MS-MVP, to a similar question...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&fram...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Kevin" <kdimiche@u.washington.edu> wrote in message news:96bb01c48640$19ea4930$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Is there a way of configuring (enabling at the least)
> Remote Desktop using group policy. I am already aware of
> the KnowledgeBase Article 306300
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306300) but I want to
> know if I can, through GP, configure a computer to allow
> users to connect remotely to that computer without being
> there physically to log on as Admin and set this up.
>
> The basic aim is creating a method to enable Remote
> Desktop without being physically present at each
> computer. It would save me from traveling all around the
> state to some 100+ sites.
>
> -Kevin
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 12:15:43 PM

Thank you Al. This worked just as I wanted.

-Kevin

8&frame=right&th=be139a1e2a555148&seekm=A13F825A-A16D-4955-
897F-366E04D57255%40microsoft.com#link4

>--
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
>
>Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group
for the mutual benefit of all of us...
>The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
confers no rights...

>"Kevin" <kdimiche@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
>> Is there a way of configuring (enabling at the least)
>> Remote Desktop using group policy. I am already aware of
>> the KnowledgeBase Article 306300
>> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306300) but I want
>> know if I can, through GP, configure a computer to allow
>> users to connect remotely to that computer without being
>> there physically to log on as Admin and set this up.
>>
>> The basic aim is creating a method to enable Remote
>> Desktop without being physically present at each
>> computer. It would save me from traveling all around
the
>> state to some 100+ sites.
>>
>> -Kevin
>
>.

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 1:56:18 PM

Thanks as well for the info, I used it and it worked well although it was on
Windows 2003 and the option was named a bit differently.

What I would like to do is to add specific users that can use RDP on these
workstations (450+ in my case). I realize that there's a local Remote
Desktop Users group. Do I have to individualy add people to this though or
is there a GPO method that will let me do this. Maybe a script?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris

!