Unable to setup my Wireless Networking

Gerard

I have a NetComm NB5540 Wireless Firewall Router. I use Bigpond ADSL as my
ISP Provider. I have four Computers which include a laptop. I use an Alcatel
SpeedTouch Modem with a single port that Telstra provided me to connect to
the Internet. The Alcatel then connects to the Wlan port on the NetComm
Router. The manual says to use PPOE if you are an ADSL customer. This mode
just does not work. However if I take the use any other option it works fine.
Is anyone aware of any issues involved here?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

I am Not familiar with your specific Hardware, but your Modem is probably a
Modem/Router Combo. If it is so you have to connect the Modem to a regular
port on the NetComm NB5540 and use the Wireless Router as a switch with an
access point.

May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).