Pinnacle DVD 500 and MCE 2005

jeff

I'm building a MCE 2005 system, Will my Pinnacle DVD500 card work as well
under this Environment as it has under win xp Pro?

TIA,

Jeff

It should using the latest DV500 4.5 version. You may need to use the 4.5
updater.

"Jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm building a MCE 2005 system, Will my Pinnacle DVD500 card work as well
> under this Environment as it has under win xp Pro?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jeff

jeff

> It should using the latest DV500 4.5 version. You may need to use the 4.5
> updater.

Ok, that's encouraging, be nice if someone actually confirmed that a
pinnacle DV500 would work under the MCE2005 os, afterall, it's really still
win XP, just with the superset Media edition, right?

jeff

I don't think so. DV500 ver. 4.5 drivers are only for win XP and 2K as far
as I know.

--
Ulf Laursen

"Jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm building a MCE 2005 system, Will my Pinnacle DVD500 card work as well
> under this Environment as it has under win xp Pro?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jeff

MCE 2005's full title is Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 and is built
to take advantage of multimedia of all kinds. The DV500 should nest
comfortably within it since the system relies pretty heavily on DirectX
anyway.