Remote connection printing

David

Running windows 2000 Advance Server and connection to sever with remote
desktop connection on a Windows XP computer.

When printing this week the print job comes back with the error that no
printers are setup( no printers are installed on the server). Last week
print jobs where going to local desktop printers. The sever did have a
memory dump and restart, but no setting were changed.

I have shared a workstation printer and connected to it as default printer
for the server. I then connected with the workstation that the server is
using for default printer by remote desktop connection and tried to print.
The print job is routed by the sahed connection and not through the remote
desktop connection.

I have also changed setting in terminal server to override client settings
and have print to client checked.

Any tips on why remote printing does not work now, but did before? Could
the firewall at remote location ISP be the problem?

Is the spooler service running on the server?

(net start spooler at a command prompt may fix this)

If the service is not running, you may wish to look into the cause of your
crash and restart--it may be related to a printer driver.

Printer drivers crashing servers are a Bad Thing.