Configue my system to access another computer on the inter..

I want to be able to access another home computer from my home computer via
the internet. I have Windows XP Professional and the other computer has
Windows XP Home version. This would allow me to maintain the other system
without me needing to go to it. Can this be done?

If the PC your trying to access/control is running XP Home then you can *NOT* use Remote Desktop.
You might look at UltraVNC, with its encryption plug-in, as an alternative. I use UltraVNC, over my
home LAN, to access/control my wife's XP Home PC. Get the software from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

If the XP Home PC is behind a firewall/NAT/router then you need to forward/open TCP Port 5900...Call
using the public IP of the firewall/NAT/router.

http://www.realvnc.com/faq.html#firewall

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)