Problem burning dvd on Nero express 6

Hi,

I've burnt a DVD OK before. I just chose to burn a data disc and when
it found that I had more than 800Mb it changed my project to a DVD one.

Now that I have slightly less then 800Mb but still more than I can get
on a CD-R, it just complains that the DVD-R media I have inserted is no
good for a CD-R project and tells me to change my project settings.

Where are these project settings that it's on about? I can't find them.

Sorry if this is a bit basic - sounds so easy I'm sure I'll be embarssed
when I find out but I can't see it.

Thanks.

Peter

When writing a data DVD you need to start with that setting. It's simple
enough to redo the whole process including dragging the files you want into
the project. I would suggest you create a multisession project. Start Nero
Burning ROM and select DVD from the upper left drop down and from the list
below pick the type of DVD you want to create.

"Peter Smithson" <peter_smithson_deletethisbit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've burnt a DVD OK before. I just chose to burn a data disc and when
> it found that I had more than 800Mb it changed my project to a DVD one.
>
> Now that I have slightly less then 800Mb but still more than I can get
> on a CD-R, it just complains that the DVD-R media I have inserted is no
> good for a CD-R project and tells me to change my project settings.
>
> Where are these project settings that it's on about? I can't find them.
>
> Sorry if this is a bit basic - sounds so easy I'm sure I'll be embarssed
> when I find out but I can't see it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peter

Perhaps I'm starting the wrong thing. The only reasonable choice I have
is to start "Nero Express" which comes up with this screen -

http://uk.geocities.com/pgsmithson/nero.jpg

All I do is pick the Data->Data Disk option. There's no point where I
choose DVD or CD-R.

I'm not sure what you mean about startig "Nero Burning ROM". I don't
have that.

Thanks.

Peter

In article <RMMqd.102227$6w6.42772@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
video@digitalvideosolutions.com says...
> When writing a data DVD you need to start with that setting. It's simple
> enough to redo the whole process including dragging the files you want into
> the project. I would suggest you create a multisession project. Start Nero
> Burning ROM and select DVD from the upper left drop down and from the list
> below pick the type of DVD you want to create.
>

> "Peter Smithson" <peter_smithson_deletethisbit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've burnt a DVD OK before. I just chose to burn a data disc and when
> > it found that I had more than 800Mb it changed my project to a DVD one.
> >
> > Now that I have slightly less then 800Mb but still more than I can get
> > on a CD-R, it just complains that the DVD-R media I have inserted is no
> > good for a CD-R project and tells me to change my project settings.
> >
> > Where are these project settings that it's on about? I can't find them.
> >
> > Sorry if this is a bit basic - sounds so easy I'm sure I'll be embarssed
> > when I find out but I can't see it.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Peter

Do you have just Nero Express? Usually Nero Burning ROM on the Program menu
Nero folder.

> Perhaps I'm starting the wrong thing. The only reasonable choice I have
> is to start "Nero Express" which comes up with this screen -
>
> http://uk.geocities.com/pgsmithson/nero.jpg
>
> All I do is pick the Data->Data Disk option. There's no point where I
> choose DVD or CD-R.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean about startig "Nero Burning ROM". I don't
> have that.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peter
>
> In article <RMMqd.102227$6w6.42772@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
> video@digitalvideosolutions.com says...
> > When writing a data DVD you need to start with that setting. It's simple
> > enough to redo the whole process including dragging the files you want
into
> > the project. I would suggest you create a multisession project. Start
Nero
> > Burning ROM and select DVD from the upper left drop down and from the
list
> > below pick the type of DVD you want to create.
> >

> > "Peter Smithson" <peter_smithson_deletethisbit@hotmail.com> wrote in
message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've burnt a DVD OK before. I just chose to burn a data disc and when
> > > it found that I had more than 800Mb it changed my project to a DVD
one.

> > > Now that I have slightly less then 800Mb but still more than I can get
> > > on a CD-R, it just complains that the DVD-R media I have inserted is
no
> > > good for a CD-R project and tells me to change my project settings.
> > >
> > > Where are these project settings that it's on about? I can't find
them.

> > > Sorry if this is a bit basic - sounds so easy I'm sure I'll be
embarssed
> > > when I find out but I can't see it.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Peter

I don't.

Must be because I downloaded a demo and then used a key from a copy I
bought later. I think I'll re-install from the CD I bought.

Thanks.

Peter

In article <dc4rd.107030$6w6.8392@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,