Using Remote Assistance without the convoluted process

Hi All,

As a Systems Admin at a Windows shop we would like to get rid of our current
remote control and use Remote Assistance. The only problem here is that
there seems to be an awful lot of steps that the end-user has to do in order
to allow remote access to his/her desktop.

Can somebody let me konw the easiest way to do this? I've already enabled
both options in the GPO Offer Remote Assistance and Solicited Remote
Assistance policy.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
5 answers Last reply
More about using remote assistance convoluted process

    Hi Chris,
    If you have a Windows 2000 or higher domain environment
    with XP Pro machines who are domain members, any domain
    administrator can log on remotely to the client computer.
    There is nothing special for the client to do.

    I do this all the time from my XP Pro machine and my
    Windows 2000 servers.

    The clients must be running XP Pro and be member computers
    of the domain. You then log on as an administrator within
    the domain.

    This works for me on all XP Pro machines.
    Good Luck
    Cheryl

    Note that this is Remote Desktop, not Remote Assistance...

    You can connect to the console session by shadowing the XP Pro machine
    (see
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279656&sd=tech)

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:38:52 -0700, "csomers"

    >Hi Chris,
    >If you have a Windows 2000 or higher domain environment
    >with XP Pro machines who are domain members, any domain
    >administrator can log on remotely to the client computer.
    >There is nothing special for the client to do.
    >
    >I do this all the time from my XP Pro machine and my
    >Windows 2000 servers.
    >
    >The clients must be running XP Pro and be member computers
    >of the domain. You then log on as an administrator within
    >the domain.
    >
    >This works for me on all XP Pro machines.
    >Good Luck
    >Cheryl

    Hi Cheryl,

    Thanks for the tip.

    Chris

    "csomers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Chris,
    > If you have a Windows 2000 or higher domain environment
    > with XP Pro machines who are domain members, any domain
    > administrator can log on remotely to the client computer.
    > There is nothing special for the client to do.
    >
    > I do this all the time from my XP Pro machine and my
    > Windows 2000 servers.
    >
    > The clients must be running XP Pro and be member computers
    > of the domain. You then log on as an administrator within
    > the domain.
    >
    > This works for me on all XP Pro machines.
    > Good Luck
    > Cheryl

    Thanks very much for the information. I am using Remote Assistance. I was
    wondering if you knew if there was a way or hack to turn off the
    authentication on the client side and allow the administrator to connect
    without getting the "Your network administrator would like to view your
    screen" message" and again overried the message for full control.

    Thanks in advance,

    Chris

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
    in message news:2l8li0dj0ei5b7fqq858k4ei1ito2aqtpj@4ax.com...
    > Note that this is Remote Desktop, not Remote Assistance...
    >
    > You can connect to the console session by shadowing the XP Pro machine
    > (see
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279656&sd=tech)
    >
    > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

    > On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:38:52 -0700, "csomers"
    > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Chris,
    >>If you have a Windows 2000 or higher domain environment
    >>with XP Pro machines who are domain members, any domain
    >>administrator can log on remotely to the client computer.
    >>There is nothing special for the client to do.
    >>
    >>I do this all the time from my XP Pro machine and my
    >>Windows 2000 servers.
    >>
    >>The clients must be running XP Pro and be member computers
    >>of the domain. You then log on as an administrator within
    >>the domain.
    >>
    >>This works for me on all XP Pro machines.
    >>Good Luck
    >>Cheryl

    There isn't anything that can bypass that notice as of now... Ping MS
    via http://www.microsoft.com/mswish and let them know that you want
    this feature added...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

Microsoft Windows XP