Pinnacle Studio 9 "Make Movie" issue!

David

I am using Pinnacle Studio version 9 on a Win 2k Machine, and I am
having an issue with the "Make Movie" function. If I make a movie and
then put Pinnacle in the background, the program will freeze forcing
me to right mouse/close the app. This does not occur when the movie
is made in the foreground.

Any ideas?

Thanks

"David" <martindb@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I am using Pinnacle Studio version 9 on a Win 2k Machine, and I am
> having an issue with the "Make Movie" function. If I make a movie and
> then put Pinnacle in the background, the program will freeze forcing
> me to right mouse/close the app. This does not occur when the movie
> is made in the foreground.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Are you working with an avi or mpeg? I minimise my Pinnacle Studio 9 while
it renders a movie and there is no problem but I am starting with the
original DV avi material. If you start with mpeg, it does tend to get
flaky!

Dave.

--
Dave & Viv are living happily ever after in Pembrokeshire.
http://www.daviv.com Webcam & videos of badgers and foxes on our patio

Toni

>Any ideas?

computer using too many resources at once? Are you not rendering and burning
the DVD with Studio, in which case the app would stay in the foreground.

2-Ton Toni

David

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:51:52 GMT, "Dave Hall" <dave@no_spam_daviv.com>
wrote:

>"David" <martindb@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>I am using Pinnacle Studio version 9 on a Win 2k Machine, and I am
>> having an issue with the "Make Movie" function. If I make a movie and
>> then put Pinnacle in the background, the program will freeze forcing
>> me to right mouse/close the app. This does not occur when the movie
>> is made in the foreground.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>
>Are you working with an avi or mpeg? I minimise my Pinnacle Studio 9 while
>it renders a movie and there is no problem but I am starting with the
>original DV avi material. If you start with mpeg, it does tend to get
>flaky!
>
>Dave.

I am saving in MPEG. Same issue with both MPEG1 and MPEG2.

Not sure about the resource issue. This occurs when I only have one
other program open but if it is a memory issue, then why does it not
occur when the program runs in the fore-ground?

Very strange and unpleasant.