we just networked our home & office computers (about 300 feet apart) - both
running windows xp. i can log on to home from the office, but when trying to
log on to office from home i get "the local policy of this system does not
permit you to log on interactively". help! even my IT guy can't figure it out.
thanks

Here is the KB article that covers this...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289289

Otherwise look at this old reply to a similar problem...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=8c9c4f6a5fdeb1a5&seekm=021101c34b10%2433e40f90%24a601280a%40phx.gbl#link4

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"tonyahelloooo" <tonyahelloooo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we just networked our home & office computers (about 300 feet apart) - both
> running windows xp. i can log on to home from the office, but when trying to
> log on to office from home i get "the local policy of this system does not
> permit you to log on interactively". help! even my IT guy can't figure it out.
> thanks

wow! thanks for the quick reply. we've tried all these solutions to no avail.
any other ideas anyone? TIA

"Sooner Al" wrote:

> Here is the KB article that covers this...
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289289
>
> Otherwise look at this old reply to a similar problem...
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=8c9c4f6a5fdeb1a5&seekm=021101c34b10%2433e40f90%24a601280a%40phx.gbl#link4
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "tonyahelloooo" <tonyahelloooo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > we just networked our home & office computers (about 300 feet apart) - both
> > running windows xp. i can log on to home from the office, but when trying to
> > log on to office from home i get "the local policy of this system does not
> > permit you to log on interactively". help! even my IT guy can't figure it out.
> > thanks

Make sure that you try:

You can also open gpedit.msc, expand Computer
Configuration->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local
Policies->User Rights Assignment, find "Allow logon
through Terminal Services" and add the account to see if
that was the problem. Also check that your username/group also is in
the Access this computer from the network and that your account/group
is NOT in the Deny Logon through Terminal Services...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:03:03 -0700, tonyahelp
<tonyahelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>wow! thanks for the quick reply. we've tried all these solutions to no avail.
>any other ideas anyone? TIA
>
>"Sooner Al" wrote:
>
>> Here is the KB article that covers this...
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289289
>>
>> Otherwise look at this old reply to a similar problem...
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=8c9c4f6a5fdeb1a5&seekm=021101c34b10%2433e40f90%24a601280a%40phx.gbl#link4
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> "tonyahelloooo" <tonyahelloooo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > we just networked our home & office computers (about 300 feet apart) - both
>> > running windows xp. i can log on to home from the office, but when trying to
>> > log on to office from home i get "the local policy of this system does not
>> > permit you to log on interactively". help! even my IT guy can't figure it out.
>> > thanks

lonce againI thank you for your help. this suggestion was in the pages of the
original response of which i did try already. i am considered an
administrator and both my individual name as well as administrators are
listed to allow access. no one is in deny logon....

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> Make sure that you try:
>
> You can also open gpedit.msc, expand Computer
> Configuration->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local
> Policies->User Rights Assignment, find "Allow logon
> through Terminal Services" and add the account to see if
> that was the problem. Also check that your username/group also is in
> the Access this computer from the network and that your account/group
> is NOT in the Deny Logon through Terminal Services...
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:03:03 -0700, tonyahelp
> <tonyahelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >wow! thanks for the quick reply. we've tried all these solutions to no avail.
> >any other ideas anyone? TIA
> >
> >"Sooner Al" wrote:
> >
> >> Here is the KB article that covers this...

> >> Otherwise look at this old reply to a similar problem...
> >>
> >> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=8c9c4f6a5fdeb1a5&seekm=021101c34b10%2433e40f90%24a601280a%40phx.gbl#link4
> >>
> >> --
> >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
> >>
> >> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
> >> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...
> >>
> >> "tonyahelloooo" <tonyahelloooo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Other than having no password, these are the only things known to
cause the "unable to login interactively issue).

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:09:01 -0700, tonyahelp