Forum Name Change?

I vote for a name change. Having a Z at the end of TG Forum makes me feel old or nerdy or something. I'm not comfortable having it called TG ForumZ.

Does anyone else want it changed or am I on my ownsome here in wanting a forum I can be proud to tell other people about. and stuff.
17 answers Last reply
More about forum change
  1. I don't like the 'z', but...

There's a used car dealership near my house that has in lights 'Used Kars'. I guess if I can get over Kars instead of Cars, I can get over forumZ instead of forumS.

Mike.

PS: We need a better devil emote...
  2. Quote:
    PS: We need a better devil emote...
    Agreed.
  3. I want to know who <i>likes</i> the 'Z'.

How old are you and does your mom know you post here?
  4. no i see what your saying...

adding the Z is more like a young Punk in his haxZor Days lol

the Z makes me think of something immature like WAREZ or some kinda hackor term... PwnZ.. lol or something like that. hahah idn

i like the original THG forum or just THGCC Forums... something that sets us apart from kids and professional Computer geeks!
  5. There is perhaps something else to consider:

Does 'z' help you remember the name, specially as compared to the other 1 million forum"s" out there :wink:
  6. No.
  7. Not particularly, I link to the forum from Toms site anyway so I don't need to remember anything.

I don't see how it will also help new members as they should also link from the main site.
  8. It only helps me remember how bad the 'z' is.
  9. Truth be told I could go either way. I personally am not overly keen on "forumz", but then I'm already crazy, so it has no where new to drive me. :mrgreen:

Of course, we could call it an Information Forum so that we can shrink that to TGIF. :wink:

:roll:

:idea: Or a little more seriously, maybe we could have a contest to name the new place.
  10. My suggestions

"Ned's Acid Bath"
    "Toms Guide Commuity"
    "TG Forums"
    "Tom's Social"
    "Michael Jackson"
    "Ned's Love Shack"

Pick your favs.
  11. Quote:
    There is perhaps something else to consider:

Does 'z' help you remember the name, specially as compared to the other 1 million forum"s" out there :wink:

I still type in community.tomshardware.com
  12. Quote:
    I still type in community.tomshardware.com
    :o You mean the URL changed? **smacks self** I only just noticed. Of course it would. Goofy me. So yeah, me too. But hey, a rose by any other name ... still has lots of painful thorns. Ouch. :twisted:
  13. Meh, I liked the way it was b4 the change. Too damn many forum categories for my taste. (But do like custom avatars)

The "Z" seems a bit immature to me too.

EDIT: Somethings fvcked up with the pollage. All I'm seeing is something like "vote_text_option". Must be on my end, other polls look the same.
  14. um,the poll has messed up? :?
  15. I see the problem with the vote options... working on it.
  16. cannot replicate this problem. So we leave it until/unless it happens again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tom's Hardware