• vote_option_text

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • vote_option_text

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
I vote for a name change. Having a Z at the end of TG Forum makes me feel old or nerdy or something. I'm not comfortable having it called TG ForumZ.

Does anyone else want it changed or am I on my ownsome here in wanting a forum I can be proud to tell other people about. and stuff.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
I don't like the 'z', but...

There's a used car dealership near my house that has in lights 'Used Kars'. I guess if I can get over Kars instead of Cars, I can get over forumZ instead of forumS.

Mike.

PS: We need a better devil emote...

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
no i see what your saying...

adding the Z is more like a young Punk in his haxZor Days lol

the Z makes me think of something immature like WAREZ or some kinda hackor term... PwnZ.. lol or something like that. hahah idn

i like the original THG forum or just THGCC Forums... something that sets us apart from kids and professional Computer geeks!

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
There is perhaps something else to consider:

Does 'z' help you remember the name, specially as compared to the other 1 million forum"s" out there :wink:

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Not particularly, I link to the forum from Toms site anyway so I don't need to remember anything.

I don't see how it will also help new members as they should also link from the main site.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Truth be told I could go either way. I personally am not overly keen on "forumz", but then I'm already crazy, so it has no where new to drive me. :mrgreen:

Of course, we could call it an Information Forum so that we can shrink that to TGIF. :wink:

:roll:

:idea: Or a little more seriously, maybe we could have a contest to name the new place.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I still type in community.tomshardware.com
:eek: You mean the URL changed? **smacks self** I only just noticed. Of course it would. Goofy me. So yeah, me too. But hey, a rose by any other name ... still has lots of painful thorns. Ouch. :twisted:

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Meh, I liked the way it was b4 the change. Too damn many forum categories for my taste. (But do like custom avatars)

The "Z" seems a bit immature to me too.

EDIT: Somethings fvcked up with the pollage. All I'm seeing is something like "vote_text_option". Must be on my end, other polls look the same.

TRENDING THREADS