I need some opinions

I have a demo of a player playing and Someone told me he is using aim bot.
His reason on saying that was because when someone gets up close on him his
mouse seems to be going crazy trying to fire. To me personally it looks like
he is spraying left and right at head lvl attempting to get a head shot. How
can you tell if someone is aim botting?

From what I have seen, aim bots generally cause the offending players weapon
to move very quickly from one position to the position of the closest target
and fire very quickly, often much faster than what would be an expected
reaction time from a human player, the reaction is almost instantaneous,
player moving one way, aimbot locks target, say behind, flicks player
directly to target, fires, kills.

Also the degree of aim on spinning should be noted, the player will almost
appear to flick straight onto the target and the crosshair (if set to head)
will land on head and kill almost instantly. Aim bots, however, can be set
many different ways and aim for different parts of a target, so it is not
always a case of looking at headshots.

In the case of two targets on the screen at the same time like you describe,
I would imagine that the aim bot would flick to the closest target, kill,
flick to the next target kill in very quick succession, not like a random
spray for a head, with the player rotating between the two targets.

Also look at the behaviour before the targets appear, does the player seem
to be tracking them, flicking quickly to where their positions are even
though they are not in sight.

What you lot think?

flOwenoL

-= http://TheWiganClan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ =-

WebGangsta© wrote:
> From what I have seen, aim bots generally cause the offending players
> weapon to move very quickly from one position to the position of the
> closest target and fire very quickly, often much faster than what
> would be an expected reaction time from a human player, the reaction
> is almost instantaneous, player moving one way, aimbot locks target,
> say behind, flicks player directly to target, fires, kills.
>
> Also the degree of aim on spinning should be noted, the player will
> almost appear to flick straight onto the target and the crosshair (if
> set to head) will land on head and kill almost instantly. Aim bots,
> however, can be set many different ways and aim for different parts
> of a target, so it is not always a case of looking at headshots.
>
> In the case of two targets on the screen at the same time like you
> describe, I would imagine that the aim bot would flick to the closest
> target, kill, flick to the next target kill in very quick succession,
> not like a random spray for a head, with the player rotating between
> the two targets.
>
> Also look at the behaviour before the targets appear, does the player
> seem to be tracking them, flicking quickly to where their positions
> are even though they are not in sight.
>
> What you lot think?
>
> flOwenoL
>
> -= http://TheWiganClan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ =-

Crank up Half-life single player and turn on auto-aim. That's what aimbot
looks like. The crosshair "spaps" to the target.