Enforce session timeout on Remote Desktop

We are using Remote Desktop for users to connect remotely back to our network
and use a standard version of our XP desktop. However, if a user chooses to
disconnect rather than logoff or they leave their session connected, but
inactive for a long period of time, we would like to have the session
disconnected and logged off. I can't seem to find anything on the web that
would help me set this up properly so I'm hoping that someone here can point
me in the right direction.

Thanks,
2 answers Last reply
More about enforce session timeout remote desktop

    There is a setting for this if you are using Remote Desktop on Windows
    2003, but it specifically does not work with Windows XP...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 07:15:03 -0700, "Bill"
    <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >We are using Remote Desktop for users to connect remotely back to our network
    >and use a standard version of our XP desktop. However, if a user chooses to
    >disconnect rather than logoff or they leave their session connected, but
    >inactive for a long period of time, we would like to have the session
    >disconnected and logged off. I can't seem to find anything on the web that
    >would help me set this up properly so I'm hoping that someone here can point
    >me in the right direction.
    >
    >Thanks,

    There some Group Policies that you can configure to disconnect idle sessions. Go to "Start -> Run"
    and type gpedit.msc at the command line. Navigate to the "Local Computer Policy -> Computer
    Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Terminal Services -> Sessions".

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We are using Remote Desktop for users to connect remotely back to our network
    > and use a standard version of our XP desktop. However, if a user chooses to
    > disconnect rather than logoff or they leave their session connected, but
    > inactive for a long period of time, we would like to have the session
    > disconnected and logged off. I can't seem to find anything on the web that
    > would help me set this up properly so I'm hoping that someone here can point
    > me in the right direction.
    >
    > Thanks,

Remote Desktop Connection Microsoft Windows XP