Unrestricted access using Remote Assistance

I was wondering if you knew if there was a way or hack to turn off the
authentication on the client side and allow the administrator to connect
without getting the "Your network administrator would like to view your
screen" message" and again overried the message for full control.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Nope.. This is by design...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:47:58 -0700, "Chris Henderson"
<please@dont.ask.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if you knew if there was a way or hack to turn off the
>authentication on the client side and allow the administrator to connect
>without getting the "Your network administrator would like to view your
>screen" message" and again overried the message for full control.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Chris

Are these machines XP Home edition? As you probably know, XP Pro can accept
a connection with the proper account authentication.

You can detect the user authorization screens and use window detection and
sendkeys to simulate a user's response to the screens, but this will require
an additional app. This will also display the authorization screens - but
that should be OK since the users won't be there (as you stated in your
other post on this subject).

If you are actually looking for a way to look over a user's shoulder while
they work (without their knowledge), Remote Desktop is not the application
to use for that purpose.

Jim Hubbard

"Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if you knew if there was a way or hack to turn off the
> authentication on the client side and allow the administrator to connect
> without getting the "Your network administrator would like to view your
> screen" message" and again overried the message for full control.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris

Hi Jim,

It's not a way to look over people shoulders as much as we currently have
this method and it will take some adjustment for our admins. RA is pretty
good for free though, I'll say that.

Thanks,

Chris

"Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> Are these machines XP Home edition? As you probably know, XP Pro can
> accept
> a connection with the proper account authentication.
>
> You can detect the user authorization screens and use window detection and
> sendkeys to simulate a user's response to the screens, but this will
> require
> an additional app. This will also display the authorization screens - but
> that should be OK since the users won't be there (as you stated in your
> other post on this subject).
>
> If you are actually looking for a way to look over a user's shoulder while
> they work (without their knowledge), Remote Desktop is not the application
> to use for that purpose.
>
> Jim Hubbard
>
> "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
>> I was wondering if you knew if there was a way or hack to turn off the
>> authentication on the client side and allow the administrator to connect
>> without getting the "Your network administrator would like to view your
>> screen" message" and again overried the message for full control.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Chris

RA is free now?

> Hi Jim,
>
> It's not a way to look over people shoulders as much as we currently have
> this method and it will take some adjustment for our admins. RA is pretty
> good for free though, I'll say that.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> > Are these machines XP Home edition? As you probably know, XP Pro can
> > accept
> > a connection with the proper account authentication.
> >
> > You can detect the user authorization screens and use window detection
and
> > sendkeys to simulate a user's response to the screens, but this will
> > require
> > an additional app. This will also display the authorization screens -
but
> > that should be OK since the users won't be there (as you stated in your
> > other post on this subject).
> >
> > If you are actually looking for a way to look over a user's shoulder
while
> > they work (without their knowledge), Remote Desktop is not the
application
> > to use for that purpose.
> >
> > Jim Hubbard
> >
> > "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
> >> I was wondering if you knew if there was a way or hack to turn off the
> >> authentication on the client side and allow the administrator to
connect
> >> without getting the "Your network administrator would like to view your
> >> screen" message" and again overried the message for full control.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >>
> >> Chris

Remote Assistance is built-in to the XP OS...Its free, you just pay for the OS...:)

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> RA is free now?
>
> "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> It's not a way to look over people shoulders as much as we currently have
>> this method and it will take some adjustment for our admins. RA is pretty
>> good for free though, I'll say that.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
>> > Are these machines XP Home edition? As you probably know, XP Pro can
>> > accept
>> > a connection with the proper account authentication.
>> >
>> > You can detect the user authorization screens and use window detection
> and
>> > sendkeys to simulate a user's response to the screens, but this will
>> > require
>> > an additional app. This will also display the authorization screens -
> but
>> > that should be OK since the users won't be there (as you stated in your
>> > other post on this subject).
>> >
>> > If you are actually looking for a way to look over a user's shoulder
> while
>> > they work (without their knowledge), Remote Desktop is not the
> application
>> > to use for that purpose.
>> >
>> > Jim Hubbard
>> >
>> > "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
> connect

My bad. I thought he meant Remote Anything.

I am used to referring to the XP remote capabilities as Remote Desktop.

> Remote Assistance is built-in to the XP OS...Its free, you just pay for
the OS...:)

> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> > RA is free now?
> >
> > "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi Jim,
> >>
> >> It's not a way to look over people shoulders as much as we currently
have
> >> this method and it will take some adjustment for our admins. RA is
pretty
> >> good for free though, I'll say that.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Chris
> >>
> >> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message

> > and
> > but

> > while
> > application

> > connect

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Open Active Directory Computers and Users. If you go to
the Properties on any of your users click on the Remote
Control tab. Once there, uncheck the box that says
Requires Users Permission. Ok your way out. Now you'll
be able to monitor their Terminal Server session without
getting their permission.

-Steve

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Remote Access and Remote Desktop are different functions.

Jim Hubbard wrote:
> My bad. I thought he meant Remote Anything.
>
> I am used to referring to the XP remote capabilities as Remote Desktop.

Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop are two somewhat different
creatures...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:33:40 -0400, "Jim Hubbard"
<reply@groups.please> wrote:

>My bad. I thought he meant Remote Anything.
>
>I am used to referring to the XP remote capabilities as Remote Desktop.
>

>"Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> Remote Assistance is built-in to the XP OS...Its free, you just pay for
>the OS...:)
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>benefit of all of us...
>rights...
>>
>> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
>> > RA is free now?
>> >
>> > "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message

>have
>pretty

>detection
>> > and
>screens -
>> > but
>your

>> > while
>> > application

>the
>> > connect
>your

However, they will notice when you connect... (screen flicker and
momentary freeze)...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:01:02 -0700, "Steve" <stevennelson@cox.net>
wrote:

>Open Active Directory Computers and Users. If you go to
>the Properties on any of your users click on the Remote
>Control tab. Once there, uncheck the box that says
>Requires Users Permission. Ok your way out. Now you'll
>be able to monitor their Terminal Server session without
>getting their permission.
>
>-Steve

Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance are the terms used by Microsoft to
describe their remote access technology built into XP.

I am not sure what you are referring to by remote access.

"ben" <user@noway.com> wrote in message
> Remote Access and Remote Desktop are different functions.
>
> Jim Hubbard wrote:
> > My bad. I thought he meant Remote Anything.
> >
> > I am used to referring to the XP remote capabilities as Remote Desktop.

Right. It seemed to me that he wanted to combine the two somewhat. By his
posting he seemed to desire the login functionality of Remote Desktop by
simulating user activity with Remote Assistance.

He never answered my question to whether the machines to be controlled were
XP Home edition or not.

I am wondering why he isn't using VNC. If it's on a LAN, the speed is
acceptable - although it is lacking in some of Remote Desktops features like
drive sharing, sound redirection, etc..

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
in message news:pt32j0d2tj7vsg9gllk2f4ih14igdcv824@4ax.com...
> Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop are two somewhat different
> creatures...
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:33:40 -0400, "Jim Hubbard"
> <reply@groups.please> wrote:
>
> >My bad. I thought he meant Remote Anything.
> >
> >I am used to referring to the XP remote capabilities as Remote Desktop.
> >

> >"Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
> >> Remote Assistance is built-in to the XP OS...Its free, you just pay for
> >the OS...:)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
> >>
> >> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
mutual
> >benefit of all of us...
> >> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >rights...
> >>
> >> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message

> >have
> >pretty

> >detection
> >screens -
> >your

> >the
> >your

Hi Jim,

These are all XP Professional machines. VNC's a great product but they dont
want to use it here due to the extra overhead and support issues.
What we're currently using is NetSupport wich allows multiple people to
connect remotely to a workstastion and control the workstation without any
prompting. User or console mode is the key here as we want to be assisting
people so they can view us. Remote Assistance is great with one exeption,
we dont want to have to wait on the user to give us permission to access
their desktop or gain full control over the desktop.

> Right. It seemed to me that he wanted to combine the two somewhat. By
> his
> posting he seemed to desire the login functionality of Remote Desktop by
> simulating user activity with Remote Assistance.
>
> He never answered my question to whether the machines to be controlled
> were
> XP Home edition or not.
>
> I am wondering why he isn't using VNC. If it's on a LAN, the speed is
> acceptable - although it is lacking in some of Remote Desktops features
> like
> drive sharing, sound redirection, etc..
>

> "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com>
> wrote
> in message news:pt32j0d2tj7vsg9gllk2f4ih14igdcv824@4ax.com...
>> Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop are two somewhat different
>> creatures...
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:33:40 -0400, "Jim Hubbard"
>> <reply@groups.please> wrote:
>>
>> >My bad. I thought he meant Remote Anything.
>> >
>> >I am used to referring to the XP remote capabilities as Remote Desktop.
>> >

>> >"Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> >the OS...:)

> mutual
>> >benefit of all of us...
>> >rights...

>> >have
>> >pretty

> can

>> >detection
> will
>> >screens -
>> >your

> shoulder

> off
>> >the
> view
>> >your

Again, this is not RDP I need to disable user permission on, it's Remote
Assistance.

Chris

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
in message news:av32j09e6fa14vv3qq1dcbt688g85627b7@4ax.com...
> However, they will notice when you connect... (screen flicker and
> momentary freeze)...
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:01:02 -0700, "Steve" <stevennelson@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Open Active Directory Computers and Users. If you go to
>>the Properties on any of your users click on the Remote
>>Control tab. Once there, uncheck the box that says
>>Requires Users Permission. Ok your way out. Now you'll
>>be able to monitor their Terminal Server session without
>>getting their permission.
>>
>>-Steve

Hi Chris,

If you use ultraVNC (open source so that your company can be in complete
control), it comes with something called a repeater that allows many users
to connect to one desktop. Neither Remote Desktop or Remote Assistance
allow more than 1 user to connect to the client PC.

I support several small businesses myself and I can see why you may need
this type of functionality. I know you can relate when I say that some
users have the damnedest time doing the simplest tasks. It is just better
to do it yourself, when you can.

It seems you need to do 2 things.....

1) You need the PCs to check with a server to see if anyone is trying
to connect to it. If so, it should initiate a Remote Assistance connection
to the PC that is trying to communicate with (or take over) it.

2) All screens that require user interaction need to be intercepted and
need to have simulated user interaction. This will require stopping all
user input (VERY) temporarily while the input is done for the user.

What languages do you program in? I may be able to throw something
together for you. We are working on a similar solution.

> Hi Jim,
>
> These are all XP Professional machines. VNC's a great product but they
dont
> want to use it here due to the extra overhead and support issues.
> What we're currently using is NetSupport wich allows multiple people to
> connect remotely to a workstastion and control the workstation without any
> prompting. User or console mode is the key here as we want to be
assisting
> people so they can view us. Remote Assistance is great with one exeption,
> we dont want to have to wait on the user to give us permission to access
> their desktop or gain full control over the desktop.
>
> Chris
>
> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> > Right. It seemed to me that he wanted to combine the two somewhat. By
> > his
> > posting he seemed to desire the login functionality of Remote Desktop by
> > simulating user activity with Remote Assistance.
> >
> > He never answered my question to whether the machines to be controlled
> > were
> > XP Home edition or not.
> >
> > I am wondering why he isn't using VNC. If it's on a LAN, the speed is
> > acceptable - although it is lacking in some of Remote Desktops features
> > like
> > drive sharing, sound redirection, etc..
> >

> > "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com>
> > wrote
> > in message news:pt32j0d2tj7vsg9gllk2f4ih14igdcv824@4ax.com...
> >> Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop are two somewhat different
> >> creatures...
> >>
> >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
> >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
> >>
> >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> >> be answered depending on time availability....
> >>
> >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

Desktop.

> > mutual

Pro
> > can

> > will

> > shoulder

> > off
> > view

Yep.. I was responding to Steve...

Unfortunately, it seems this behavior (in Remote Assistance) won't be
changed in the near term... Perhaps Longhorn...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:12:37 -0700, "Chris Henderson"
<please@dont.ask.com> wrote:

>Again, this is not RDP I need to disable user permission on, it's Remote
>Assistance.
>
>Chris
>
>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
>in message news:av32j09e6fa14vv3qq1dcbt688g85627b7@4ax.com...
>> However, they will notice when you connect... (screen flicker and
>> momentary freeze)...
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:01:02 -0700, "Steve" <stevennelson@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Open Active Directory Computers and Users. If you go to
>>>the Properties on any of your users click on the Remote
>>>Control tab. Once there, uncheck the box that says
>>>Requires Users Permission. Ok your way out. Now you'll
>>>be able to monitor their Terminal Server session without
>>>getting their permission.
>>>
>>>-Steve

It sounds to me as though the "offer remote assistance" mode of using RA,
which is available to users in a domain--might be what you are looking for.
Use that term to look it up in Help and Support.

"Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
> Hi Jim,
>
> These are all XP Professional machines. VNC's a great product but they
> dont want to use it here due to the extra overhead and support issues.
> What we're currently using is NetSupport wich allows multiple people to
> connect remotely to a workstastion and control the workstation without any
> prompting. User or console mode is the key here as we want to be
> assisting people so they can view us. Remote Assistance is great with one
> exeption, we dont want to have to wait on the user to give us permission
> to access their desktop or gain full control over the desktop.
>
> Chris
>
> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
>> Right. It seemed to me that he wanted to combine the two somewhat. By
>> his
>> posting he seemed to desire the login functionality of Remote Desktop by
>> simulating user activity with Remote Assistance.
>>
>> He never answered my question to whether the machines to be controlled
>> were
>> XP Home edition or not.
>>
>> I am wondering why he isn't using VNC. If it's on a LAN, the speed is
>> acceptable - although it is lacking in some of Remote Desktops features
>> like
>> drive sharing, sound redirection, etc..
>>

>> "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com>
>> wrote
>> in message news:pt32j0d2tj7vsg9gllk2f4ih14igdcv824@4ax.com...
>>> Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop are two somewhat different
>>> creatures...
>>>
>>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>>
>>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>>
>>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

>> mutual

>> can

>> will

>> shoulder

>> off
>> view

We are using the Offer Remote Assistance mode and it works well but like I
mentioned, the end-user is prompted in order to give the client permission
to access their PC both initially and then for full control.

Chris

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
> It sounds to me as though the "offer remote assistance" mode of using RA,
> which is available to users in a domain--might be what you are looking
> for. Use that term to look it up in Help and Support.
>
> "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> These are all XP Professional machines. VNC's a great product but they
>> dont want to use it here due to the extra overhead and support issues.
>> What we're currently using is NetSupport wich allows multiple people to
>> connect remotely to a workstastion and control the workstation without
>> any prompting. User or console mode is the key here as we want to be
>> assisting people so they can view us. Remote Assistance is great with
>> one exeption, we dont want to have to wait on the user to give us
>> permission to access their desktop or gain full control over the desktop.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
>>> Right. It seemed to me that he wanted to combine the two somewhat. By
>>> his
>>> posting he seemed to desire the login functionality of Remote Desktop by
>>> simulating user activity with Remote Assistance.
>>>
>>> He never answered my question to whether the machines to be controlled
>>> were
>>> XP Home edition or not.
>>>
>>> I am wondering why he isn't using VNC. If it's on a LAN, the speed is
>>> acceptable - although it is lacking in some of Remote Desktops features
>>> like
>>> drive sharing, sound redirection, etc..
>>>

>>> "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com>
>>> wrote
>>> in message news:pt32j0d2tj7vsg9gllk2f4ih14igdcv824@4ax.com...

>>> mutual

>>> can

>>> will

>>> shoulder

>>> off
>>> view

Hi Jim,

Unfortunatly I dont have much of a choice when it comes to using Remote
Assistance. I dont program either although I do some light scripting. It
was my lifes ambition to program but somehow I wound up working with this
network stuff ;-)

> [...]
>> people so they can view us. Remote Assistance is great with one
>> exeption,
>> we dont want to have to wait on the user to give us permission to access
>> their desktop or gain full control over the desktop.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
>> > Right. It seemed to me that he wanted to combine the two somewhat. By
>> > his
>> > posting he seemed to desire the login functionality of Remote Desktop
>> > by
>> > simulating user activity with Remote Assistance.
>> >
>> > He never answered my question to whether the machines to be controlled
>> > were
>> > XP Home edition or not.
>> >
>> > I am wondering why he isn't using VNC. If it's on a LAN, the speed is
>> > acceptable - although it is lacking in some of Remote Desktops features

I understand now--that's by design and not likely to change. Use MSWISH to
offer feedback for the future, though:

> We are using the Offer Remote Assistance mode and it works well but like I
> mentioned, the end-user is prompted in order to give the client permission
> to access their PC both initially and then for full control.
>
> Chris
>
> "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
>> It sounds to me as though the "offer remote assistance" mode of using RA,
>> which is available to users in a domain--might be what you are looking
>> for. Use that term to look it up in Help and Support.
>>
>> "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Jim,
>>>
>>> These are all XP Professional machines. VNC's a great product but they
>>> dont want to use it here due to the extra overhead and support issues.
>>> What we're currently using is NetSupport wich allows multiple people to
>>> connect remotely to a workstastion and control the workstation without
>>> any prompting. User or console mode is the key here as we want to be
>>> assisting people so they can view us. Remote Assistance is great with
>>> one exeption, we dont want to have to wait on the user to give us
>>> permission to access their desktop or gain full control over the
>>> desktop.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>
>>> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message

I've been looking out to do the exact same thing you're looking for.
Unfortunately this is by design as of the existing version. The closest I've
found whas at this URL:
http://www.anetforums.com/posts.aspx?ThreadIndex=3115

I think that Microsoft should change Remote Assistance to be able to be
configured by a GPO when it comes to if users needs to accept a connection or
not. Why?

Well, then you could, as being the administrator, use Remote Assistance
conveniently for two main reasons:
1. Quick and simple connection to the end users desktop to support and
maintain users software
2. Monitor user activity when the user is suspected to be involved in
illegal activities on his employers computer.

"Chris Henderson" wrote:

> We are using the Offer Remote Assistance mode and it works well but like I
> mentioned, the end-user is prompted in order to give the client permission
> to access their PC both initially and then for full control.
>
> Chris
>
> "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
> > It sounds to me as though the "offer remote assistance" mode of using RA,
> > which is available to users in a domain--might be what you are looking
> > for. Use that term to look it up in Help and Support.
> >
> > "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi Jim,
> >>
> >> These are all XP Professional machines. VNC's a great product but they
> >> dont want to use it here due to the extra overhead and support issues.
> >> What we're currently using is NetSupport wich allows multiple people to
> >> connect remotely to a workstastion and control the workstation without
> >> any prompting. User or console mode is the key here as we want to be
> >> assisting people so they can view us. Remote Assistance is great with
> >> one exeption, we dont want to have to wait on the user to give us
> >> permission to access their desktop or gain full control over the desktop.
> >>
> >> Chris
> >>
> >> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message

These tools are already available - Shadow Session functionality
(which may be partially broken with XP SP2).
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279656&sd=tech

Remote Assistance is not meant to be used for this type of
behavior....
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com