Remote Desktop Printing

I have connected to my computer in my office via Remote
Desktop. How do I print to my printer at home when
connected?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop printing

    You need to load the drivers for your home printer on your work PC. Check
    this out from Microsoft....

    "Printer Redirection
    Remote Desktop provides printer redirection, which routes print jobs from
    the Remote Desktop session to a printer attached to the client computer.
    When the user logs on to the remote computer, the client's local printer is
    detected and the appropriate printer driver is installed on the remote
    computer. If multiple printers are connected to the client computer, Remote
    Desktop will default to routing all print jobs to the client printer's
    default printer. Only printers whose drivers are available on the Windows XP
    Professional computer will appear in a Remote Desktop; you might need to
    manually install a driver that does not ship with Windows XP Professional.

    Remote Desktop also provides network printer redirection. Network printers
    on a client device are redirected in addition to local printers.

    The printer redirection feature is enabled by default in Windows XP
    Professional when you enable Remote Desktop. To disable it, you can use
    Terminal Services Group Policies. You can also disable the printer
    redirection feature on an individual computer, by using Remote Desktop
    Connection. On the Local Resources tab, clear the Printers check box."

    So, if your local printer is cannot be installed by default from the Windows
    XP CD, you need to DL the drivers for your home printer onto the XP Pro host
    PC in order for it to recognize the printer connected to your client PC.

    Jim Hubbard

    "Jim H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have connected to my computer in my office via Remote
    > Desktop. How do I print to my printer at home when
    > connected?
    >
    > Thanks

    Look for the printer checkbox in your RDC settings.

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:10:53 -0700, "Jim H"

    >I have connected to my computer in my office via Remote
    >Desktop. How do I print to my printer at home when
    >connected?
    >
    >Thanks

    If you've installed the driver on the host machine, and it still doesn't
    work, write back please--there's a further issue which can interfere.

    "Jim H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have connected to my computer in my office via Remote
    > Desktop. How do I print to my printer at home when
    > connected?
    >
    > Thanks

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP