Remote Assistance Registry settings - Disabling Permission..

Can anybody tell me if it's possible to disable the permission box that pops
up when trying to connect to a user using Remote Assistance?

The other thing I would like is to disable the permission box that pops up
when asking for full control. I realize the security implications here but
the product that we're trying to replace does this and sometimes users are
logged in but not at there workstations when we need to use this.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

No.. This behavior is by design.. You can ping MS and request that
they change this functionality in the future by filing a wish at
http://www.microsoft.com/mswish

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:21:12 -0700, "Chris Henderson"
<please@dont.ask.com> wrote:

>Can anybody tell me if it's possible to disable the permission box that pops
>up when trying to connect to a user using Remote Assistance?
>
>The other thing I would like is to disable the permission box that pops up
>when asking for full control. I realize the security implications here but
>the product that we're trying to replace does this and sometimes users are
>logged in but not at there workstations when we need to use this.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Chris

peter

if your using w3k server, you can download admodify.net
with this utility you can then do a mass update of various items in users
computers etc in your AD.

so you'd select your users and on the remote access tab (don't remember the
exact name), you can set the options you want for remote desktop and remote
assistance, if i recall, one of the options was "don't require user
permission" -- for which item it was i don't remember, but i'm assuming its
remote assistance because with remote desktop you just connect

"Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody tell me if it's possible to disable the permission box that
pops
> up when trying to connect to a user using Remote Assistance?
>
> The other thing I would like is to disable the permission box that pops up
> when asking for full control. I realize the security implications here
but
> the product that we're trying to replace does this and sometimes users are
> logged in but not at there workstations when we need to use this.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris

This is for Remote Desktop/Terminal Services, not Remote Assistance.

This setting is used in Remote Desktop when you "shadow" a session.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:47:04 -0400, "Peter" <bscinc@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>if your using w3k server, you can download admodify.net
>with this utility you can then do a mass update of various items in users
>computers etc in your AD.
>
>so you'd select your users and on the remote access tab (don't remember the
>exact name), you can set the options you want for remote desktop and remote
>assistance, if i recall, one of the options was "don't require user
>permission" -- for which item it was i don't remember, but i'm assuming its
>remote assistance because with remote desktop you just connect
>
>"Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
>> Can anybody tell me if it's possible to disable the permission box that
>pops
>> up when trying to connect to a user using Remote Assistance?
>>
>> The other thing I would like is to disable the permission box that pops up
>> when asking for full control. I realize the security implications here
>but
>> the product that we're trying to replace does this and sometimes users are
>> logged in but not at there workstations when we need to use this.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Chris

TRENDING THREADS