??? about Pioneer DVR-A08XLC and included software

Was at the local computer mart and saw this burner for a good price.
The box says it comes with Ulead's DVD Factory and Visual Studio 8.
Can anyone tell me if these are the "Full" or "Lite" versions of this
software? (Full meaning it is the same as if I had purchased the
software seperately. Lite meaning it is "crippled" in some way and
you have to pay extra to get the "full" version)

TIA

Bill

On 1 Dec 2004 12:51:43 -0800, bweissbo@lucent.com (Bill W.) wrote:

>Was at the local computer mart and saw this burner for a good price.

We're at $99.95 after rebate - and we also include a FREE Verbatim
Double Layer Solution Kit ($17.50 value - includes: 1 DVD+R DL 2.4X, 8
DVD+R 8X, 1 DVD+RW 4X)

>The box says it comes with Ulead's DVD Factory and Visual Studio 8.
>Can anyone tell me if these are the "Full" or "Lite" versions of this
>software?

Here is the list of software included. SE means it is a "Special
Edition",which usuallymeans a lesser feature set.

Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3.5 Disc Creator allows you to burn movies,
slideshows, data and music to CD or DVD in an instant.

Ulead Video Studio 8.0SE allows first-time users to edit and create
professional-looking videos with ease.

Ulead Photo Explorer 8.5SE provides an efficient way to transfer,
browse, modify and distribute photos, music and video.

Ulead Burn.Now 1.5 is easy to use disc recording software. Users can
take full advantage of their CD/DVD burner to create data and audio
discs plus copy discs.

Ulead DVD Player 1.5 offers high compatibility and plays commercial
DVDs and DVDs created by other Ulead products.

NovaBACKUP 7.1 prevents users from losing data. Virtually all
businesses today rely heavily on computers and computer systems.
Losing information on any of these systems could be potentially
disastrous. NovaStor's NovaBackup helps reduce these risks for both
businesses and end users at ease. NovaBackup allows users the choice
of a variety of different backup media, including DVDs and CDs. Its
ease of use and advanced options makes it an ideal solution for any
home user, small business or large corporation.

For more info check out http://www.videoguys.com/pioneer.html

Gary
Videoguys.com 800 323-2325
We are the Digital Video Editing & DVD Production Experts!
For all the latest NLE,DVD & HDV news check out the Videoguys Blog http://www.videoguys.com/blog/

gary@videoguys.com (Gary Bettan) wrote in
....snip...
> Here is the list of software included. SE means it is a "Special
> Edition",which usuallymeans a lesser feature set.

So, does that mean that I would then need to use Ulead's Upgrade pricing to
get the full versions?

Bill

Mac

Usually you can do that.

One other note about SE editions - Gary is correct but *sometimes* they are
fully featured except they will only work with the drive make/model they
shipped with. Bought a Yamaha a few years ago that came with full version of
Nero - had to buy the upgrade to get it to work with other drives.

\m