Offline folders will NOT go away!!!!

BMS

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2004

Not sure if this is right NG, but I had offline folders
sync'ing to my laptop. My old server (server1) was
nearing capacity. I moved all users to server2 and
redirected files, logins, home directories, etc...

Now when I boot up, my offline settings STILL look for
server1 and fail. I have them setup for server2, but
even though I uncheck server1, delete those files,
disable offline and re-enable offline, it STILL will not
let server1 disappear from its configuration and this is
driving me insane. What am I missing? Thanks!!!

bill

I believe you can fix this problem, by opening My
Computer. From the Tools menu chose synchronize. In the
offline files listing you will see \\server1 boxes with
check marks next to them... uncheck those boxes.

Now you're not done. From the same Synchronize dialog
box, click setup. You will see the same set of offline
files appear for synchronization, uncheck the appropriate
boxes for \\server1. You will need to do this for
the "Logon/Logoff" tab, the "On Idle" tab and "Scheduled"
tab.

In the future... if you choose to move files on a server.
Remove them from your remote computer first, but
undesignating those files/folders as "Make available
offline." Then move the files/folders... and make those
new folders available offline.

Try re-initializing the offline files cache:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=230738

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 06:30:47 -0700, "BMS"