DVDit Error - Video DTS Greater Than PTS

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop, alt.video.dvd.authoring (More info?)

Video DTS Greater Than PTS

I have had this error a couple of times when using DVDit. Today I took
the video that was causing the error and ran it through TMPGEnc 12A to
see if I could clean it up. First thing I did was try and snip off the
ends, but I got the following error from TMPGEnc:

the file cannot be used because the quantization matrices change midway

I think this is a clue to the error. Someone else found that running
the MPEG video through TMPGEnc will stop DVDit from complaining about
the DTS and PTS, and it is probably because TMPGEnc uses a constant
quant. matrix. Don't know why my PVR-250BTV changes the matrices
midway through a recording, but it apparently does.

"BrianEWilliams" <sorry_no_email@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Video DTS Greater Than PTS
>
> I have had this error a couple of times when using DVDit. Today I took
> the video that was causing the error and ran it through TMPGEnc 12A to
> see if I could clean it up. First thing I did was try and snip off the
> ends, but I got the following error from TMPGEnc:
>
> the file cannot be used because the quantization matrices change midway
>
> I think this is a clue to the error. Someone else found that running
> the MPEG video through TMPGEnc will stop DVDit from complaining about
> the DTS and PTS, and it is probably because TMPGEnc uses a constant
> quant. matrix. Don't know why my PVR-250BTV changes the matrices
> midway through a recording, but it apparently does.

You might try running such MPEG through VideoReDo's
Quickfix utility. www.VideoReDo.com

Luck;
Ken