w/remote desktop, can mediaplayer keep playing on disconne..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Are there any setting that will allow mediaplayer to continue playing music
that is started on the remote machine even when disconnecting?

I'm not logging off, I am just closing the window. On doing so, I get a
warning say that I'l be disconnected but that my programs will continue
running - but media play does not continue as stated. I've got my setting
such that the sound is kept at the host computer (I'm trying to control a
computer that has all my CD's on hard drive in WMA, and is connected to my
stereo system downstairs.)

Thanks,
Stan

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Stan, you might try in the Media Center group. I am wanting to do the same
thing and found some good advice there.
Stan

"stanshow" wrote:

> Are there any setting that will allow mediaplayer to continue playing music
> that is started on the remote machine even when disconnecting?
>
> I'm not logging off, I am just closing the window. On doing so, I get a
> warning say that I'l be disconnected but that my programs will continue
> running - but media play does not continue as stated. I've got my setting
> such that the sound is kept at the host computer (I'm trying to control a
> computer that has all my CD's on hard drive in WMA, and is connected to my
> stereo system downstairs.)
>
> Thanks,
> Stan

This is supposed to work with SP2, although there has been 1 report of
it not working... :(

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:43:04 -0600, "stanshow" <jdska@jfkls.com>
wrote:

>Are there any setting that will allow mediaplayer to continue playing music
>that is started on the remote machine even when disconnecting?
>
>I'm not logging off, I am just closing the window. On doing so, I get a
>warning say that I'l be disconnected but that my programs will continue
>running - but media play does not continue as stated. I've got my setting
>such that the sound is kept at the host computer (I'm trying to control a
>computer that has all my CD's on hard drive in WMA, and is connected to my
>stereo system downstairs.)
>
>Thanks,
>Stan

TRENDING THREADS