Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Double logon screen

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 1:45:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Problem: Remote desktop access to Windows XP with Novell
client.

Does anyone know how to configure Windows XP workstation
with Novell client installed. The Novell client is causing that the
remote user should login twice to enter the system. (Unfortunately
we use Novell client for some legacy purposes and I could hardly
do anything about it.)

Thanks for your help.

Rgds,
Milos

More about : double logon screen

August 30, 2004 7:29:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Two logins as in:
1. login to get into the remote desktop
2. Novell presents login screen....

Nothing you can do about that.

Bye,
Leo

"Milos Puchta" wrote:

> Problem: Remote desktop access to Windows XP with Novell
> client.
>
> Does anyone know how to configure Windows XP workstation
> with Novell client installed. The Novell client is causing that the
> remote user should login twice to enter the system. (Unfortunately
> we use Novell client for some legacy purposes and I could hardly
> do anything about it.)
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Rgds,
> Milos
>
>
>
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 11:31:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

> Two logins as in:
> 1. login to get into the remote desktop
No
> 2. Novell presents login screen....
Twice... the same login screen, twice fill the same.
It is annoyance...

Rgds
Milos
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 11:31:36 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Milos Puchta wrote:
>> Two logins as in:
>> 1. login to get into the remote desktop
> No
>> 2. Novell presents login screen....
> Twice... the same login screen, twice fill the same.
> It is annoyance...

Yes - It is Novell's fault. It is an annoyance.
Yet another reason everywhere I have been, Novell was in the process of
being removed.

--
<- Shenan ->
--
The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
getting into before you jump in with both feet.
!