Steam/CS Questions

1) After installing steam, is it still possible to use buy scripts? If so,
is there a tutorial on how to do this with steam?

2) I already had half-life/CS mod installed before upgrading to steam. Can I
delete or uninstall the original HL/CS app and folder from the hard drive,
or does steam use this directory?

3) Is it possible to still use custom sprays with steam? Again, is there a
tutorial on how to do this with steam?

--
-smc
"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland of Gilead

"S. Culver" <sculver@_NOSPAM_charter.net> wrote in message
> 1) After installing steam, is it still possible to use buy scripts?
If so,
> is there a tutorial on how to do this with steam?

Yes and they made things a little easier there is even a built in one
http://www.doc.gamehosts.com/tutorial.htm is a good tutorial site

> 2) I already had half-life/CS mod installed before upgrading to
steam. Can I
> delete or uninstall the original HL/CS app and folder from the hard
drive,
> or does steam use this directory?

Yes you can just delete it.

> 3) Is it possible to still use custom sprays with steam? Again, is
there a
> tutorial on how to do this with steam?

Yes, its the same as before except you call the file tempdecal.wad
instead of pldecal.wad

"I like toys and cake" <somegeexer@aplace.aa> wrote in message

> "S. Culver" <sculver@_NOSPAM_charter.net> wrote in message
> > 1) After installing steam, is it still possible to use buy scripts?
> If so,
> > is there a tutorial on how to do this with steam?
>
> Yes and they made things a little easier there is even a built in one
> http://www.doc.gamehosts.com/tutorial.htm is a good tutorial site
>
> > 2) I already had half-life/CS mod installed before upgrading to
> steam. Can I
> > delete or uninstall the original HL/CS app and folder from the hard
> drive,
> > or does steam use this directory?
>
> Yes you can just delete it.
>
> > 3) Is it possible to still use custom sprays with steam? Again, is
> there a
> > tutorial on how to do this with steam?
>
> Yes, its the same as before except you call the file tempdecal.wad
> instead of pldecal.wad

Most helpful.

Thanks!

I like toys and cake wrote:

> "S. Culver" <sculver@_NOSPAM_charter.net> wrote in message
> > 1) After installing steam, is it still possible to use buy scripts?
> If so,
> > is there a tutorial on how to do this with steam?
>
> Yes and they made things a little easier there is even a built in one
> http://www.doc.gamehosts.com/tutorial.htm is a good tutorial site
>
> > 2) I already had half-life/CS mod installed before upgrading to
> steam. Can I
> > delete or uninstall the original HL/CS app and folder from the hard
> drive,
> > or does steam use this directory?
>
> Yes you can just delete it.
>
> > 3) Is it possible to still use custom sprays with steam? Again, is
> there a
> > tutorial on how to do this with steam?
>
> Yes, its the same as before except you call the file tempdecal.wad
> instead of pldecal.wad

Hi you seem pretty knowledgeable.

I use to play with podbot in CS1.5, whats the word on podbot, or any
other type of bot in 1.6, I understand they dont work?
Also what would you recommend?

thx

Gordon

"Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi you seem pretty knowledgeable.
>
> I use to play with podbot in CS1.5, whats the word on podbot, or any
> other type of bot in 1.6, I understand they dont work?
> Also what would you recommend?

Some bots do now work with 1.6. The original podbot does work but
requires some tweaking bots based on it like EPODBot and IVPBot work
OK.

Personally I have realbot installed http://realbot.bots-united.com/
and it worked the last time I tried it but since I got CS:CZ I've been
playing that offline as it is basically just CS with pretty maps and a
very very good bot.