Pocket Word files converts unicode characters wrong!

May 25, 2004 5:15:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Hi all,
when I transfer the Pocket Word file to a desktop PC, I loose almost ALL
Unicode characters I use in my language. I normally enter and see special
characters my language uses at the PPC.

The only workaround I've found is to change conversion settings in
ActiveSync so that it converts Pocket Word files to plain text files (then
all the characters are left intact) but then I loose all the formatting.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks,
Hogar
--
Do not use "reply to sender" - I'm using antispam address.
Anonymous

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Do you have Word on your PC?

"Hogar" <nosapam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> when I transfer the Pocket Word file to a desktop PC, I loose almost ALL
> Unicode characters I use in my language. I normally enter and see special
> characters my language uses at the PPC.
>
> The only workaround I've found is to change conversion settings in
> ActiveSync so that it converts Pocket Word files to plain text files (then
> all the characters are left intact) but then I loose all the formatting.
>
> Anyone has an idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Hogar
> --
> Do not use "reply to sender" - I'm using antispam address.

Anonymous
May 25, 2004 10:50:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

> Do you have Word on your PC?

It makes no difference whether there is word or not on PC. ActiveSync is
just messing up the unicode characters. I heard that installing on PDA
application called InterWrite (in a specific version for your local
language) will add some better ActiveSync filters. (maybe even the demo will
do).

www.sunnysoft.cz

--

..: Jakub KaƱczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Good idea. I'll try that.

Thanx!
Hogar

"Jakub Kanczugowski" <duncan@no-spam-ever.ceti.pl> wrote in message
> > Do you have Word on your PC?
>
> It makes no difference whether there is word or not on PC. ActiveSync is
> just messing up the unicode characters. I heard that installing on PDA
> application called InterWrite (in a specific version for your local
> language) will add some better ActiveSync filters. (maybe even the demo
will
> do).
>
> www.sunnysoft.cz
>
> --
>
> .: Jakub KaƱczugowski
> .: www.PDAclub.pl

Anonymous
May 26, 2004 11:00:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Determine the font that is being used in Word on the PC, then copy that
font to the ppc's \windows\fonts directly, soft reset and see if it helps.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 2:19:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

It will not help in most cases.

--

..: Jakub Kanczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

YES! YES, it helped! I've changed the font that the PPC Word document used
(on the PPC) to a font that I've installed from a PC and then converted -
everything is fine now!

Thanks a bunch, Beverly!

Hogar

message news:%233nfS%230QEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...