Linksys wireless utility before log on...

Hi,

I've searched the MS Knowledgebase and the Linksys knowledgebase to no
avail. Can someone help?

The linksys utility that sets up the wireless connection to the A.P.
loads *after* a user has logged on (in this case on Win98). But.. my
users authenticate to a domain controller, so with out a network
connection they can't authenticate so they can't log on.

And they can't log on until the wireless utility starts, and the
wireless utility doesn't start until the log on.

Geddit?

Is there a way to get windows to load the wireless utility before log
on, thus giving them a path to the domain controller, and therefore
the ability to log on.

This seems to be a major short comming of the linksys adapter, which
otherwise provides a good service.

Thanks,

Will

mark

I ran into a similar problem with Win2k, but I could log on (apparently
using cached credentials), but I would dget an error message in the event
log saying 'domain controller not available' or something like that, posted
here and in the Win2k networking group, never did receive a reply......

"Mark" <pyedubois@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<OMd1Y4ktEHA.2668@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...

> I ran into a similar problem with Win2k, but I could log on (apparently

Under Win2K you might be able to use one of the "Application as
Service" tools to load the stuff at boot time?

Cheers,

Will

mark

I though t of that, butut didn't want to spend the money on one, and I
haven't found a free one yet.
> "Mark" <pyedubois@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> I ran into a similar problem with Win2k, but I could log on (apparently
>

> Under Win2K you might be able to use one of the "Application as
> Service" tools to load the stuff at boot time?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Will

Hi Will,

Did you find a solution? I've had the same problem with a USR wireless
card,
this is the response I got from USR.

Andrew

I apologize for the delay and inconvenience this may have caused you.
understand that you would like for the drivers to load when the
computer
is booting up instead of when you login? Unfortunately this is not
possible, all version of Windows do this. The reason why this is, is
because windows doesn't know what user will try to login to the
network
and different profiles have different settings. This is true with all
programs, even anti-virus software will only load after login.

--
asharpe