Increase XviD.avi audio

Apologies if this is OT.

Playing a DVDRip.XviD.avi movie the sound is good quality but very
quiet. Max volume requires a hearing aid on max. Is there anything I
can do to increase the volume of this movie. Gspot gives me the
following info while saying the active Xvid MPEG-4 should be capable
of processing this format (ac3Filter is installed which I guess is the
active audio codec):

Codec...
4CC:xvid
xy:640x272 (2.35:1) [=40:17]

Audio...
Codec Name:WAVE_FORMAT_ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Bitrate:384 kb/s (6 ch) CBR
Fs:48000 Hz

Ta

On 3 Dec 2004 17:25:57 -0800, drarche@yahoo.com (Arche) wrote:

>Apologies if this is OT.
>
>Playing a DVDRip.XviD.avi movie the sound is good quality but very
>quiet. Max volume requires a hearing aid on max. Is there anything I
>can do to increase the volume of this movie. Gspot gives me the
>following info while saying the active Xvid MPEG-4 should be capable
>of processing this format (ac3Filter is installed which I guess is the
>active audio codec):
>
>Codec...
>4CC:xvid
>xy:640x272 (2.35:1) [=40:17]
>
>Audio...
>Codec Name:WAVE_FORMAT_ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
>Bitrate:384 kb/s (6 ch) CBR
>Fs:48000 Hz

Try adjusting the volume in the ac3 filter settings.

Thank, this solved the problem:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER->software->AC3Filter->Preset
Under preset click on the 3 folders _default, loud and standard and
inside each of those folders change the 'master' key from 1.000000 to
10.000000

Blasting out fantastic now.