steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Is there a way to globally enable remote access on all XP
computers in a network by using a Group Policy setting?

Which remote access method?

If you are talking about Remote Desktop, then look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306300 and
reverse what it says to do... :)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:56:19 -0700, "Steve" <stevennelson@cox.net>
wrote:

>Is there a way to globally enable remote access on all XP
>computers in a network by using a Group Policy setting?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Yes, thanks, I saw that article. It only applies to a
local group policy, not one that you use network-wide
from a Domain Controller under Active Directory Computers
and Users. Any thoughts about doing it there so it would
happen to all computers on the network by enabling one
setting? Thanks.....

Steve

us;Q306300 and
>reverse what it says to do... :)
>
>Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>
>Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the
benefit
>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may
not
>be answered depending on time availability....
>
>Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>Windows XP Expert Zone -
>
>On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:56:19 -0700, "Steve"
<stevennelson@cox.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to globally enable remote access on all
XP
>>computers in a network by using a Group Policy setting?
>
>.

You can limit the scope of the domain group policy based on security
policies... I set that on our domain GP at the office since we
wanted to have all machines with RD turned on...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com