tv capture over network

Hi,

I have a pc with tv-capturing card in one room, and a laptop in
another room. I was wondering if it is possible to see the captured tv
on my laptop? I would like it to be in real-time or close to it.

Has anybody done this? What kind of software do I need.

Thx,

Matthias

On a sunny day (5 Dec 2004 04:26:43 -0800) it happened
matthiasvangorp@gmail.com (Matthias Van Gorp) wrote in
<8b1bba53.0412050426.5ecac038@posting.google.com>:

>Hi,
>
>I have a pc with tv-capturing card in one room, and a laptop in
>another room. I was wondering if it is possible to see the captured tv
>on my laptop? I would like it to be in real-time or close to it.
>
>Has anybody done this? What kind of software do I need.
>
>Thx,
>
>Matthias

Yes is very possible, at least in Linux there are several methods.
First there is dvbstream, for the local area network, it has been around
since about 2001, and will work with almost any digital satellite card.
If you use an analog card, (you do not specify what you use), you need
a mpeg2 capture card if it not already outputs a mpeg2 stream.
To send it even further away over the net one can use a reasonable fast DSL
line, and the netcat utility.
One my website http://panteltje.com/panteltje/dvd/ , just below the penguin
picture, you will find scripts to send your DVB (satellite) TV picture
all over the world via DLS.
Of cause the MS windows world is always a bit behind, and probably no longer
able to catch up..., now that Billy has aids, will soon go away, and we will
all have what we had in the first place, UNIX.
And why would anyone pay for using MS soft when you can do things better in
Linux for free.
Linux guys, look up the netcat documentation, you can pipe ANYTHING over the
net.
And it likely is already on your system.
JP

Enable sharing of the TV card if it is available and test it out for
yourself. If sharing isn't available then the answer is no. It'll take what,
maybe 5 minutes to get an answer.

"Matthias Van Gorp" <matthiasvangorp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a pc with tv-capturing card in one room, and a laptop in
> another room. I was wondering if it is possible to see the captured tv
> on my laptop? I would like it to be in real-time or close to it.
>
> Has anybody done this? What kind of software do I need.
>
> Thx,
>
> Matthias

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:32:07 GMT, Jan Panteltje
<pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On a sunny day (5 Dec 2004 04:26:43 -0800) it happened
>matthiasvangorp@gmail.com (Matthias Van Gorp) wrote in
><8b1bba53.0412050426.5ecac038@posting.google.com>:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have a pc with tv-capturing card in one room, and a laptop in
>>another room. I was wondering if it is possible to see the captured tv
>>on my laptop? I would like it to be in real-time or close to it.
>>
>>Has anybody done this? What kind of software do I need.

[snip]

http://www.videolan.org/

Cross platfrom free software.

>Of cause the MS windows world is always a bit behind, and probably no longer
>able to catch up..., now that Billy has aids, will soon go away, and we will
>all have what we had in the first place, UNIX.
>And why would anyone pay for using MS soft when you can do things better in
>Linux for free.

>JP

<blows a raspberry at JP> :)

Bye for now.

Clive.

Jan Panteltje wrote:

> able to catch up..., now that Billy has aids, will soon go away, and we will

:0 is that true? Bill Gates has Aids ?

On a sunny day (Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:14:10 +0800) it happened azali selamat
<azali@celcom.net.my> wrote in <327snmF3epgcaU1@individual.net>:

>Jan Panteltje wrote:
>
>> able to catch up..., now that Billy has aids, will soon go away, and we will
>
>:0 is that true? Bill Gates has Aids ?
Yea, and with that internet explorer so open to virus its users may get it too.

TRENDING THREADS