What Software is best for me?

My System:
AMD Duron xp3000+
1gb ram
256mb graphics
DVD+_RW pioneer dvr-108

I have a philips dvd+rw that i use to record some of my fav tv programs and
i would like to but some of them on to dvd+r the trouble is some of the
video's need to be cut down and edited before i burn them to disk i would
also like a menu to be on the final dvd.

Can someone let me know what software i need to be able to do the above?
I appreciate that there are loads of software that can do the above but i
just need to know what ones are more usser friendly and easy to understand.

TIA
Simon
4 answers Last reply
More about what software

    "Simon" <si.chilcott@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    > My System:
    > AMD Duron xp3000+
    > 1gb ram
    > 256mb graphics
    > DVD+_RW pioneer dvr-108
    >
    > I have a philips dvd+rw that i use to record some of my fav tv programs
    > and
    > i would like to but some of them on to dvd+r the trouble is some of the
    > video's need to be cut down and edited before i burn them to disk i would
    > also like a menu to be on the final dvd.
    >
    > Can someone let me know what software i need to be able to do the above?
    > I appreciate that there are loads of software that can do the above but i
    > just need to know what ones are more usser friendly and easy to
    > understand.
    >
    > TIA
    > Simon

    Word of warning! Before using any Pinnacle products backup your system.
    Pinnacle software is known for destroying computers as you know them.

    #(1. Half the time the software won't work with certain hardware.

    #(2. They leave many files behind after removal that won't allow other
    software to run properly.

    #(3. And last but not least, Their support is non-existent.

    Spend some money and get good software. i.e.: Premier or Vegas. I suggest
    Vegas but that's up to you. Do some research and join a few of the software
    web-forums.

    Tim

    Check out what Pinnacle Studio has to offer NLE, Menu's and DVD authoring
    plus a host of other features. There are some issues but it is an entry
    level program

    Terry
    http://mrtvideo.com

    "Simon" <si.chilcott@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    > My System:
    > AMD Duron xp3000+
    > 1gb ram
    > 256mb graphics
    > DVD+_RW pioneer dvr-108
    >
    > I have a philips dvd+rw that i use to record some of my fav tv programs
    and
    > i would like to but some of them on to dvd+r the trouble is some of the
    > video's need to be cut down and edited before i burn them to disk i would
    > also like a menu to be on the final dvd.
    >
    > Can someone let me know what software i need to be able to do the above?
    > I appreciate that there are loads of software that can do the above but i
    > just need to know what ones are more usser friendly and easy to
    understand.

    > TIA
    > Simon

    That's brilliant thanks for taking the time to post me a reply i appreciate
    it.
    Kind Regards
    Simon

    On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 23:41:54 +1100, "terry" <prism@froggy.com.au>
    wrote:

    >Check out what Pinnacle Studio has to offer NLE, Menu's and DVD authoring
    >plus a host of other features. There are some issues but it is an entry
    >level program

    I'm not sure Studio shall be able to deal with material from desktop
    recorders. The way that works involves ripping the DVD to the
    harddrive with DVDDecrypter in Ifo mode, then editing the Vobs with
    mpeg-vcr, which shall save them as .mpg ready to be authored.

Tuner Cards Video Software Graphics