Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

My System:
AMD Duron xp3000+
1gb ram
256mb graphics
DVD+_RW pioneer dvr-108

I have a philips dvd+rw that i use to record some of my fav tv programs and
i would like to but some of them on to dvd+r the trouble is some of the
video's need to be cut down and edited before i burn them to disk i would
also like a menu to be on the final dvd.

Can someone let me know what software i need to be able to do the above?
I appreciate that there are loads of software that can do the above but i
just need to know what ones are more usser friendly and easy to understand.

TIA
Simon

"Simon" <si.chilcott@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> My System:
> AMD Duron xp3000+
> 1gb ram
> 256mb graphics
> DVD+_RW pioneer dvr-108
>
> I have a philips dvd+rw that i use to record some of my fav tv programs
> and
> i would like to but some of them on to dvd+r the trouble is some of the
> video's need to be cut down and edited before i burn them to disk i would
> also like a menu to be on the final dvd.
>
> Can someone let me know what software i need to be able to do the above?
> I appreciate that there are loads of software that can do the above but i
> just need to know what ones are more usser friendly and easy to
> understand.
>
> TIA
> Simon

Word of warning! Before using any Pinnacle products backup your system.
Pinnacle software is known for destroying computers as you know them.

#(1. Half the time the software won't work with certain hardware.

#(2. They leave many files behind after removal that won't allow other
software to run properly.

#(3. And last but not least, Their support is non-existent.

Spend some money and get good software. i.e.: Premier or Vegas. I suggest
Vegas but that's up to you. Do some research and join a few of the software
web-forums.

Tim

terry

Check out what Pinnacle Studio has to offer NLE, Menu's and DVD authoring
plus a host of other features. There are some issues but it is an entry
level program

Terry
http://mrtvideo.com

"Simon" <si.chilcott@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> My System:
> AMD Duron xp3000+
> 1gb ram
> 256mb graphics
> DVD+_RW pioneer dvr-108
>
> I have a philips dvd+rw that i use to record some of my fav tv programs
and
> i would like to but some of them on to dvd+r the trouble is some of the
> video's need to be cut down and edited before i burn them to disk i would
> also like a menu to be on the final dvd.
>
> Can someone let me know what software i need to be able to do the above?
> I appreciate that there are loads of software that can do the above but i
> just need to know what ones are more usser friendly and easy to
understand.

> TIA
> Simon

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

That's brilliant thanks for taking the time to post me a reply i appreciate
it.
Kind Regards
Simon

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 23:41:54 +1100, "terry" <prism@froggy.com.au>
wrote:

>Check out what Pinnacle Studio has to offer NLE, Menu's and DVD authoring
>plus a host of other features. There are some issues but it is an entry
>level program

I'm not sure Studio shall be able to deal with material from desktop
recorders. The way that works involves ripping the DVD to the
harddrive with DVDDecrypter in Ifo mode, then editing the Vobs with
mpeg-vcr, which shall save them as .mpg ready to be authored.